Space for you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
95910845_2569653919924042_6210243751890124800_o.jpg

Sponsored Links
Would you please re post this image, and each time with the name of the leader of all the other countries easing restrictions.
You will post many images.

Just so you will not be seen, as a raving myopic Boris hater.

as a raving myopic Boris hater.

I am not a Boris hater, in fact the opposite, I feel he and the medical and scientific teams did and are doing the best to reduce the death rate from Covid-19.

The difference between the death rate in the UK and the death rates in other countries appear to be related to when the virus arrived in the country. In some countries the virus arrived then spread without containment until the Chinese finally admitted the severity of the virus and alerted the world to a imminent pandemic. By that time several countries were already experiencing the beginning of the pandemic but without knowledge of how aggressive the virus was.

France is one country that is re-examining deaths from pneumonia in November and December 2019. It would appear that some of these "normal" deaths were pneumonia caused by Covid-19

Would you please re post this image, and each time with the name of the leader of all the other countries easing restrictions.
You will post many images.

Just so you will not be seen, as a raving myopic Boris hater.

does that include the 90% of the world that chose a different scientific route?

we wouldnt want to think you are a Tory apologist and applaud their constant spin and misinformation in this crisis

Sponsored Links
The difference between the death rate in the UK and the death rates in other countries appear to be related to when the virus arrived in the country. In some countries the virus arrived then spread without containment until the Chinese finally admitted the severity of the virus and alerted the world to a imminent pandemic. By that time several countries were already experiencing the beginning of the pandemic but without knowledge of how aggressive the virus was.

France is one country that is re-examining deaths from pneumonia in November and December 2019. It would appear that some of these "normal" deaths were pneumonia caused by Covid-19

Other countries may wish to follow suit. I posted this podcast in another thread - Catherine Mayer, widow of Andy Gill:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08dnym5

President Xi phoned Boris in February.

this government had time.

but it chose herd immunity

Well, we don't know who phoned who. They certainly talked on 18 February. Here is the Chinese version:

https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/zxxx_662805/t1746796.shtml

and here is the UK version:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pm-call-with-president-xi-of-china-18-february-2020

I see no warning of a global pandemic. I see China discussing a local virus outbreak and the UK offering sympathy and assistance. That's all.

I'll ignore the rolling-eyes idiot in the Facepalm video.

I'll ignore the rolling-eyes idiot in the Facepalm video.
Yes it is best if you ignore this government herd immunity policy -we wouldnt want you criticising this government for ignoring the advice of most of the worlds scientists

Yes it is best if you ignore this government herd immunity policy -we wouldnt want you criticising this government for ignoring the advice of most of the worlds scientists

I don't see "most of the worlds {sic} scientists" in that video.

Wasn't herd immunity goverment policy at the beginning of the outbreak.
Didn't the chief medical advisor say that the risk of infection at large crowd gatherings was low.
Didn't the chief medical advisor also say that the risk of infection in care homes was low.
By wasting time before reacting, the government allowed the virus to get a foothold and spread.
It was on television 24/7 what was going on in China, so it should have been obvious that by wasting even a single day more lives were at risk.

Yes it is best if you ignore this government herd immunity policy

A herd immunity system does work for combating the vast majority of influenza strains of viral infection. Assisted by a vaccination program for ensuring immunisation of the small minority of people for whom influenza carries a high risk of serious illness.

Given that proven fact and the initial information (*) that this novel-corona virus was a flu like virus then a policy of herd immunity was a sensible way to limit deaths with minimum costs to the economy.

(*) The initial information about the epi-centre ( Wuhan ) was that it was a flu like virus and was being contained in the Wuhan area and did not pose a threat outside of China. Police action was taken against anyone who contradicted that official government information.

It was on television 24/7 what was going on in China,

Censorship and control of social media delayed any news about the new virus reaching beyond the Chinese borders. This clamp down remained in force until the virus had spread and it's effects could no longer be concealed from the world. Satellite images of the hospital being built in Wuhan and leaked information could not be covered up or suppressed.

Last edited:
Boris chose "lockdown" (ghastly word) in response to public pressure to do what other countries were doing.

The disease has not been as devastating as predicted, and there's no proof that lockdown has done any good.

Boris chose "lockdown" (ghastly word) in response to public pressure to do what other countries were doing.

The disease has not been as devastating as predicted, and there's no proof that lockdown has done any good.

He chose lockdown after being advised by one of the 'scientists' that if he didn't, the death toll would be in excess of 600,000
The scientist, later to become known as professor lockdown or doctor lockdown resigned after being caught breaking the lockdown by shagging someone's wife.
Then came the sad details of his lifes work, prophesizing outcomes that were so dramatically wrong it beggars belief, and yet this man has spent his entire career forecasting stuff that has come to be ridiculed the world over but has been handsomely paid out of the public purse for doing so.

It's time to take a long hard look at some of these scientists, professionals, intergovernmental panels and organisations and ask wether they represent value for money.
Then again, if climate policy is dictated by a 12 year old autistic girl, maybe not.

I do believe The Donald holds similar views, doubtless he'll be proved right, again.

and there's no proof that lockdown has done any good.

It did slow the rate of infection tbf, preventing the nhs from being overwhelmed, beyond that, who knows, but there are plenty of experts that think they know.

notchy is still banging on about herd immunity.lol

Sponsored Links
Back