Speeding fines to soar

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Why not just take their cars , a much much better deterrent.

If you are drive around scared that you might have to pay the extra fine, then why don't you when you pass a speed camera at 29mph, put £20 in a money box. That way, with due care and attention you'll have the money saved to pay it when you get caught. :D

I'll go along with anything that genuinely reduces road accidents, but when something is introduced too boost treasury coffers I really resent it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
from £60, the level set in 2000, to as high as £100.
and do you know any reason why fines should not be raised to catch up with inflation? What is the price of a copy of the Daily Torygraph today, and what was it eleven years ago? There is zero chance that it hasn't gone up.

In case you didn't already know, speeding fines are voluntary. You don't have to pay them. Just drive within the limit.

I Know it seems very sad

Still you can enjoy your soup,basket weaving, jigsaws, and old time music

Don't think of it as the end but the start of your golden years

Don't think of it as the end but the start of your golden years

Who remember Stephen King's Golden Years series, OMG!!! I was fking amazed with that, would look forward to it every week

On point, I totally agree with CBH

-----------------------------

Inflation my ass, greed and easy pickings more like.

Yes, for serious offences take the car and crush it, no profit for the treasury there, so will never happen.

For less serious offences, an appropriate time ban, which I bet would stop a lot of speeding. But of course, there is no profit it that either, so heavy fines are preferred.

------------------------------

If their is no revenue to be made from said penalty then the Government will never opt for it

Someone who has 10 grand in the bank can lose £60 for a crime and think nothing of it but someone who lives on very short finances will be more punished for the exact same crime, how to quantify that into something realistic would be for a certain percentage of earning to be the fine, that way anyone on a decent wage will still feel punished and anyone on a small wage will not experience undue hardship

Exactly what that percentage should be, I have no idea

Who remembers Alex Ferguson, sorry Sir Alex Ferguson getting off with speeding because he needed the toilet, and not wanting to lose his license to totting up by not declaring who was driving the (HIS) car, prefering to pay the £1000 fine instead

How about; £2 fine for every £1 earned in the previous year.

If the fine works out at more than £1000.00 triple it. :LOL:

So if I earned £30,000 my fine would be £60,000 just for doing 34 MPH in a 30MPH ?

:eek: :eek:

I think fins should be income based , why should a person get off lightly because they can afford to?

So if I earned £30,000 my fine would be £60,000 just for doing 34 MPH in a 30MPH ?
Just be grateful that they haven't adopted the Swiss system where the fine is related to your wealth. £180k fine for doing 85mph in a Ferrari.

Awesome, sadly this will not teach him a lesson he has 22 million

So even for the rich an enormous fine would still have no affect on them financially

Why should a man driving drugs in a van 3 times for £500 a pop earning a total of £1500 just to give his children a nice Christmas get 15 years (strangeways docu) when many times peedos get 3-5 years

This country makes me sick, if you don't have money your screwed!!!

Sponsored Links
Back