spot the errors..

I've long since given up on stanley knives, I couldn't settle on a good one, stanley ones kept breaking, irwin ones weren't very comfortable.

Been using a CK cable knife for a while now, great for ringing cables and SWA, bit of a PITA to sharpen it, but it's a bit easier to use when it's blunted a touch.

Still have to resort to a stanley for the odd task, but can't say I relish it

Sponsored Links
I like to see the tails sheath removed for an inch at the incomer for ident. Looks less 'bulky' then too.

Would never use proteous myself - Had to deal with some of their kit in the past, had some issues with their commercial kit on a job we took over half way through - It turned out the boards where not even type tested and therefore had no BS.

I like to see the tails sheath removed for an inch at the incomer for ident. Looks less 'bulky' then too.

Would never use proteous myself - Had to deal with some of their kit in the past, had some issues with their commercial kit on a job we took over half way through - It turned out the boards where not even type tested and therefore had no BS.

Or you could say there's a lot of BS.

sadly, i have seen plenty of injuries caused by the retractable knives, so i now issue these

add_icon.php

Sponsored Links
:oops:
Speaking of nails. Boiler was drained on a domestic job by bathroom fitter and wouldn't fire. Turned out customer had BG homecare.
Next day an attractive young lady turned up to fix boiler when she took off her gloves she had bright pink nail polish !!

Going back to that board.

Is that a do it yourself "17th Edition" board?

Maybe that's why the busbar numbering is wrong, 'cos somebody chopped up the busbars to make two neutral bars?

DIY as in I did it ? No. Straight from wholesaler. Pi$$ poor really looked like a nice unit aswell plenty of room. Should have stuck with my original opinion of proteus.

spot the errors...

...no need to look any further than the fact that it's a Proteus board!!

I was foolishly talked into trying one a couple of years ago after being told that they've re-designed them and they're really good now..! Never again. Should have stuck to my guns and, like you, kept to my original opinion of them!

I was looking at their TP brochure at the beginning of last year and it actually looks quite good on the face of it with some interesting combinations of panel boards/DBs in one unit but given all past experience I just couldn't bring myself to do it, and not particularly cheap either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back