Stop Squabbling!

Sponsored Links

Remember that hardly anyone has been tested.
Exactly..

And let's not forget, the gov decided about schools without talking to teachers or health authorities first - do whaaat?! That's insane.
This gov has made muck up after muck up, why should we listen to them on schools? I'd rather listen to the docs and teachers over this any day.

From what I heard on the radio yesterday, the risks are in fact extremely small.

ISTR that known infections in the school paces either did not happen or they were in extremely low numbers.
They mentioned something about 1 infected child being in a school and it not being passed on to others.
Another child got infected by a teacher.
Not a lot else.
A mother"" we can't even stop bloody nits spreading in schools,never mind a virus!""

That argument along side the one of producing a nation of uneducated kids...V Difficult balance.
Not uneducated!
I mean, even if everyone retook their existing year, they would not be uneducated. Just interrupted.

Sponsored Links
mean, even if everyone retook their existing year, they would not be uneducated. Just interrupted.
In reality does not happen like that...A whole country treading water for a year then presuming normal education...For a huge variety of reasons some will never ""catch up""" and that has to be balanced against increasing deaths if all schools open.

Maybe a bit of reasoned logic and fact based research needs to be applied?

Link

"The tests identified 1801 cases of people suffering from the disease – and ten deaths. Each case was carefully tracked. In not a single case could the researchers find evidence of a child passing on the disease to their parents. The company’s CEO, Kari Stefansson, revealed the findings in an interview carried on the Science Museum website. He suggests the fact that few children suffer any symptoms, and are less likely to cough, is an important factor.

The Icelandic study reinforces the results of a review of evidence last week by the Royal College of Paediatricians and Child Health, which said it couldn’t find a single documented case of a child under 10 passing Covid-19 to an adult. In one case, a nine-year-old boy returning from a skiing holiday in the Alps was found to be infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes Covid-19, as well as influenza and the common cold. He didn’t pass SARS-CoV-2 to anyone, in spite of coming into contact with 170 children."

I'll stick with the educated scientific opinion rather than the self serving political buffoons!
That is the problem LAL....many many educated scientific opinions...Are you grasping the concept??..Or just picking the one that suits your argument?

A mother"" we can't even stop bloody nits spreading in schools,never mind a virus!""

Because they are not allowed to / do not tell any parent who has lice, just a general notice letter goes out. At least that was the case in my kids ' primary school.

Sponsored Links
Back