Stormzy scholarship

Sponsored Links
Its very useful, but to back up the argument, you need to see applicant rejection rate by group. We haven't yet proved that the issue is not a lack of applicants. Further, the drop out rate seems to support that they are somehow not making the cut or that it didn't turn out to be something they wanted to do. Drop outs cause a big issue as the student is damaged by the failure and the University can't fill its year 2-4 places easily.
Peer pressure (inside and outside uni), counselling, support, guidance, tolerance can also play a major part in drop-out rate.
Loo at the recent student demonstrations in opposition to universitys' apparent covert racism.
Cecil Rhodes statue,
The recent case of students painting out the university message and writing their own message over the top.

Half of UK students have witnessed racism at university, says survey
Verbal abuse, off-hand racist comments and exclusions from social events are the most common experiences among students
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...campus-witness-higher-education-a8290561.html

You either can't comprehend what I wrote or are dumb.
It is the norm these days to create strawman arguments when they can no longer provide logical responses to the current issue.
They are often cited against an individual to misrepresent their argument.

It is just as well it is not a Latin phrase.

You either can't comprehend what I wrote or are dumb.

Don't try and act like you've any clue while you're copy and pasting from other sources.

Next time, edit the 'Z' out of standardise.

"Input doesn't determine output".

No but it has a very strong influence. Throwing someone into Cambridge who can't read or write and hope they'll walk out with a first class undergraduate is pretty foolish.

Sponsored Links
"exclusions from social events" - A good old friend of mine went to Oriel College, Oxford. He was so lonely, as was excluded from parties etc. He'd walk around the halls and see people in dinner suits drinking champagne in the evenings, a totally different world to what an average working class or even middle class Brit is used to. It has hard enough to feel part of some colleges if you're white, even worse if you're not. Many very well educated people seem to carry some pretty extreme prejudices towards both race and class.

Don't try and act like you've any clue while you're copy and pasting from other sources.

Next time, edit the 'Z' out of standardise.

"Input doesn't determine output".

No but it has a very strong influence. Throwing someone into Cambridge who can't read or write and hope they'll walk out with a first class undergraduate is pretty foolish.

Hahaha So the Forum Grammar Police is upset I posted from an American website. How are we going to do a FTA? We would need to decide on which spellings to use.

The article summarises well one of the reasons for the lack of Black students applying to elite US universities.

You can't argue with the reasoning so it's back to your "Grammar Shtick"

hahahahaha

Well here's Bristol's counselling... look directly down... you have 2 feet (well in the most part) stand on them.

Mind you they have changed the epicurean bar to the balloon bar, serving a range of barista coffes and paninis. God help us.

When I was choosing a Uni, my criteria was:
- was the course what I wanted
- did they have high starting salary and employment rate
- was there a decent gym and not too many bars to distract me.

chose an Engineering Uni - 4:1 boys to girls - I should have added - Not having to go ugly early to avoid the rush :D

Hahaha So the Forum Grammar Police is upset I posted from an American website. How are we going to do a FTA? We would need to decide on which spellings to use.

The article summarises well one of the reasons for the lack of Black students applying to elite US universities.

You can't argue with the reasoning so it's back to your "Grammar Shtick"

hahahahaha

Nothing to do with the grammar you fool, it's what gave your copy pasta way. Couldn't care less otherwise.

Sausage.

Sponsored Links
Back