Stupid little everyday things

Sponsored Links
A while ago a friend went shopping in Basingstoke. She parked in the multi-story car park on top of BHS, and took the lift down to the shopping mall. At the end of the day she returned to Debenhams, took the lift up to their car park and spent a couple of hours looking for her car.....

I've been known to get in the bath/shower with me socks on... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
img2849or2.jpg

I often go over often to Tresco (neighbouring island) for supper, my daughter and grand kids live there and i like to partake in a few pints of beer, when we get back we put the boat on the trailer and tow her off the beach to the bank, them take her off and away home.
well! one night I forgot to take off the trailer before going home, I didn't go far but it was funny anyway , suddenly noticing that we where towing a boat home with us!!
here is a photo of our trip back this evening.

Thats lovely..what camera do you use btw?

Nice one Richardp. Even your mistakes have a natural beauty.

No probs. kettle on gas hob.... :D :D :D :D
I had to deal with a job on a sheltered housing scheme a few years back, where the semi-detached bungalow was all-electric and they had a power cut. The old dear had wanted a cup of tea, so had boiled the kettle for tea on a camping gaz, which she had put on top of the electric hob.

The electric came back on, she'd forgotten that the hob was turned on and was sitting in her front room, when the gas expanded sufficiently enough to get the stove to take off like a mini-rocket. It punched a very neat circular hole through the ceiling board, the base of the camping gaz canister smashed the glass hob to smithereens. The canister and stand went straight through the tiles and were eventually found some 100m away in another old dear's garden.

At the same time, the pressure build up was enough to lift the roof, force the truss members into stress reversal and snap the bottom ties by excess compression; blow the ceiling to the external porch downwards onto the ground; shift the top of the front wall out so that the trusses were bearing onto the wall by no more than 20mm; blow the patio doors some 30m clean out of the frame; shift the side wall off the dpc; and make every paramount internal partition lean at crazy angles.

She was sat in the front room, in a high-backed chair and walked out from where the patio doors used to be, without a single scratch. Even her delicate glass ornaments, housed in a case and fixed to the masonry party wall survived unscathed. The only picture that was hanging on her walls that was damaged, was by a fireman knocking it off the hook as he struggled past. Yet, the bungalow was totalled and we had to demolish it to dpc level and rebuild it.

Other than a ceiling crack along the party wall line to the attached property, there was no other damage. If I hadn't have seen it with my own two eyes, I would never have believed that a little old camping gaz stove could do so much damage... :eek:

Thats lovely..what camera do you use btw?
Hi Zampa, the camera is a Canon powershot A650, I wouldn't recommend it other than for the fact that it has a swivel lcd screen, so you can compose pictures from some odd angles/positions like from ground level without having to get on the ground!! and also take candid shots of people without them realizing your taking them, (this is all starting to sound dodgy as hell but is not...honest!)

Ah right...so it would be good for this bloke I know...well I dont really know him as such..ive heard of him...he likes taking pictures his 48 year recently divorced neighbour when shes sunbathing in the garden through the bushes on a stepladder, shes got hell of a body though for a woman of her age keeps herself neat looking, smart dresser curves in all the right places and some of the wrong ones too..so he said...to this other bloke I know, apparently.

Sponsored Links
Back