Stupid little everyday things

How about removing a trap from a sink then emptying it down the sink you've just removed the trap from....yes, that was me, folks!!

Sponsored Links
I've put cereal in an empty mug and poured milk on it, then wondered why my bowl is empty.

It's also pretty much a certainty that I'll do the sink trap thing every time. :oops:

Edit

What about when there's a power cut! :LOL: sitting there with candles, I'll just make a cup of tea :LOL:

A number of times I have sat in front of my computer at work, with a calculator in front of the numeric keypad.
Entered values in the calculator, pressed enter, and wondered why the field is blank............ :oops:

I suggested once to my wife, that we buy a backup generator.
Her reply was ...Thats no good where do we plug it in.... :D

Sponsored Links
A number of times I have sat in front of my computer at work, with a calculator in front of the numeric keypad.
Entered values in the calculator, pressed enter, and wondered why the field is blank............ :oops:

Done that, but more so, picked up the phone, and dialed via the keyboard number pad - and then press more frantically when the dial tones does not start

Also, have you noticed how phone keypads start with 1 at the top left, but calculator and keyboard pads have 1 at bottom left - I've pressed wrong numbers on the phone and calculator loads of times because of this

How about removing a trap from a sink then emptying it down the sink you've just removed the trap from....yes, that was me, folks!!

Done that three times now! If you think that's bad... that's since Christmas!

Stuck head out of car window to reverse but it's closed (hurts)

Asked at my local newsagents how often the Weekly News comes out.

Once borrowed a car off a workmate to go to Asda. Parked, went into store and came out. Had no clue whatsoever of the make of the car. Took a good five minutes of trying key in a dozen "silver cars" before I was in (very shifty looking lol). Was years ago before pressing a fob at different cars.

Looking for mobile in house so dialled it using landline. Found mobile quickly due to this. Went out front door and locked it. As on front step saw "missed call" on phone so did redial. Whilst phoning out my landline went inside the house. Opened up and dashed inside and answered it. Nobody there. Realised I was calling myself and dashing from one phone to the other.

Looking for mobile in house so dialled it using landline. Found mobile quickly due to this. Went out front door and locked it. As on front step saw "missed call" on phone so did redial. Whilst phoning out my landline went inside the house. Opened up and dashed inside and answered it. Nobody there. Realised I was calling myself and dashing from one phone to the other.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That's a classic.

Done that three times now! If you think that's bad... that's since Christmas!
I can beat that...

One of the many times that I've poured the trap contents down the sink (and therefore over my left hand), I mopped up the mess with a sponge, squeezing the sponge into the handy washing-up bowl, then emptied the washing bowl into the sink...

Once borrowed a car off a workmate to go to Asda. Parked, went into store and came out. Had no clue whatsoever of the make of the car. Took a good five minutes of trying key in a dozen "silver cars" before I was in (very shifty looking lol). Was years ago before pressing a fob at different cars.
I sympathise.

I once drove to Centre Point to do an abseil, and being too stingy to pay for hours of parking I drove around and found a free spot in a street about 5 minutes walk away, but this made me late so I darted off from the car and ran at full pelt to make my appointment on time.

Hours later, at dusk, I realised I'd paid no attention to which street I'd parked in. Hours after that, well after dark, I found the car about 50 feet from where I'd first looked.

i have tried to unlock my front door with the car and van dibber much to mrs n's amusement.

walking into a patio door was amusing for the party guests too! seeing my nose flatten with a startled look on my face must have been priceless.

had me and mrs jefoss in sticthes! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

years ago i had a light green nissan sunny (yes i know what on earth was i thinking?!?) went into asda to the weekly shop on return got to car unlocked door, popped the boot put shopping in, sat in drivers seat and then asked mrs how long wed had a steering wheel cover? at same time some little old lady came up, and very poliety considering what the hell we were doing in her car.... the keys worked perfectly! so a very red faced me had to unload said old ladys car. :oops: :oops:

My mate(honestly) parked his car at newcastle central station and went shopping.On return to the car park his car was missing,after looking for a few minutes he phoned the police and reported the theft of his car.
He phoned his dad to pick him up and take him home,when he got home he phoned the insurance company to tell what had happened........Anyway,he managed to get a lift to work the next week until he could sort another car out.On the friday after work he again went into newcastle shopping but this time got the bus home,he was on the top deck of the double decker bus driving past central station when he happened to glance at the carpark where his car was stolen from the previous week,no his car wasn't there BUT it was in the carpark next door!! The idiot had only been looking for his car in the WRONG carpark.
Realising his mistake(stupidness) he got off the bus and had to go to the police to try and explain his find.......he had some fun explaining to the police and his insurance company.

He has never lived that down :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I LOL'ed, best one so far!

Sponsored Links
Back