stupid tax question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are currently in the 2017 tax year which ends in april.

are we in the 2017-2018 tax year or the 2016-2017 tax year?

what is the next year called, is it 2017-2018 or 2018-2019?

i don't really care how stupid this makes me look.

answer is needed for my filing.

Sponsored Links
You have 7 days left to file your 2016-2017 tax return (and pay up).
We are in the 2017-2018 Tax Year.
Next year is, starting April 6th, 2018-2019 tax year...

Sponsored Links
"stupid tax....." I thought this was another thread specifically about RWR outgoings.:mrgreen:

I assume you're doing it yourself online, otherwise your accountant would know the year. Have a look at the gosimpletax software.

I assume you're doing it yourself online, otherwise your accountant would know the year. Have a look at the gosimpletax software.

Yeah first time and frankly a nightmare as you'd expect. Woke up 3 times in the night the day before worrying about it. I'll look into that software for next time, definitely not a good thing to go it alone at.

I know where you're coming from (sleepless nights and all), but once you've got the figures together, the HMRC self input site is pretty good, and it then calculates the tax and NI you owe. The gosimpletax software is fairly straightforward to use, and will then send the calculations of to the HMRC for you, but I think it costs about £40 to use each year, but I got a discount going through the landlords uk website where I'm a member.

Best of luck.

Christ on a bike - Hawk volunteering a tax return!

Just tell them you don't use their services and refuse to pay. Tell them that if they take you to court that the whole thing is a conspiracy and refuse to go.

All you need to do is keep note of all the authorities you need to avoid answering the door to, whilst keeping guard and twitching the curtains.(y)

I know where you're coming from (sleepless nights and all), but once you've got the figures together, the HMRC self input site is pretty good, and it then calculates the tax and NI you owe. The gosimpletax software is fairly straightforward to use, and will then send the calculations of to the HMRC for you, but I think it costs about £40 to use each year, but I got a discount going through the landlords uk website where I'm a member.

Best of luck.

I might check my association in that case because I do need help understanding it, but don't need speciality advice.

A few sections of it blew my mind completely.

Christ on a bike - Hawk volunteering a tax return!

Just tell them you don't use their services and refuse to pay. Tell them that if they take you to court that the whole thing is a conspiracy and refuse to go.

All you need to do is keep note of all the authorities you need to avoid answering the door to, whilst keeping guard and twitching the curtains.(y)

If you are referring to tv licencing, I've told you countless times that it's not a tax, you are perfectly entitled not to pay for services you don't want. (n)

Sponsored Links
Back