Supermarkets

weve got a great big tescos about 5 mins down the road from us, but wed much rather make the effort and go into our little town centre and use the smaller shops. If any of you think theres no difference between supermarket food and fresh meat or veg, try some meat from a butchers and compare it to the crap from the supermarket. You will find out what you are missing out on. Even our teenage daughter can taste the diffrence. Ive got 3 allotments and grow as much veg as possible as well, tatses great. I heard a report on the radio where one business study reckons that due to the growth of internet sales, the high street small independent shops will make a comeback, selling the type of stuff that isnt profitable to sell on the web. Up with the small trader i say, friendly, better, you can haggle and they dont go around taking over every other shop and defacing it with double glazed windows and neon signs!

Sponsored Links
SORRy

about the .............CLASS

I am very sorry about bore you are a A STAR !!

this was my wife thing ..

we NEED TO TALK ..

Richardp said:
I've got a mullet net
Do you wear it at night? :LOL:

We have a firm that phones up every month then comes over from the docks at Grimsby delivering fish to our area. The fish always seems good and the choices vary from month to month.
Come to think of it, it could be a woman from the next street who takes our orders and then drives to the local Tesco to buy the fish on her way to our road!

I live in a small village (other side of the river to Hermes) in a farming area and I have a never-ending stream of people knocking on my door, wanting to sell me meat and fish, cut trees down, clean my gutters and put one of those wire ball things on my chimney. Grow our own vegetables in the back garden, so we could maybe get away without Tesco for a week or two.

(Three sooty starlings and a pigeon in the front room later, I wish the wire ball man would knock again - Will definitely be nicer to him this time)

Sponsored Links
love the CLASS.. sorry meant to say before

independent fellas at Tescos forecourt entrance who sell fish , wool ...an even material /cut to measure ..lol

Our last local shop closed late last year, following on from the closure of the Post Office, butchers and library. There is now nothing left at all, the nearest shop is needless to say a Tesco's in the next county. As for a bus service, well there is a special service which is supposed to be designed to enable the carless round here to go shopping. Trouble is, the service leaves here around midday on Monday, and returns midday Wednesday :eek: A sad state of affaris. I guess with the right amount of willpower, you could grow most of your own stuff, and supplement it with produce from the farm shops dotted around, I reckon you'd probably be very hungry in Feb / March though!!

Back