Taking possession of something you own.

I think the PRS should always have a place. Yes I would say that as a LL however whether I'm in the game or not, I genuinely believe private rentals will always appeal to some.

And I have to laugh when the left wing do-gooders say there should be no PRS whatsoever. Again, how would that work in reality? We have LLs who rent out one bed basic properties all the way up to high end rentals favoured by millionaires. So the rationale is none of this should exist? It's all a disgusting capitalist thing that needs completely ceased?

I'll say again, there are those who prefer to rent from the PRS, it suits them. What do they do if there's no PRS?
Nothing wrong with that.

But I'd prefer councils to own their own houses and rent them to the "needy" end.

It's a civilised thing.

The private sector should add to the rental market, not be the only (virtually) system

Sponsored Links
There should also be a robust system in place whereby tenants who leave behind arrears and/or a property that needs significant refurb are essentially forced to repay as a point of principal, with the amount repaid monthly linked to their income.

There should also be a robust system in place whereby tenants who leave behind arrears and/or a property that needs significant refurb are essentially forced to repay as a point of principal, with the amount repaid monthly linked to their income.

I agree that people should pay their dues but, practically, you can't beat it out of someone who is adamant they won't pay.

Like everything else in life, renting out is a gamble; you just have to plan / hope you don't get one of the c. 10% of people who are wrong 'uns.

Go on then give me your figures and let's see where I'm wrong.

How much you paid out and when? Current valuation? How much income? How much interest are you paying out ?

I repeat,I doubt you are renting houses out at a cost to yourself for the benefit of the poor. Am I wrong?
what bit of if i sold NOW and stuck the money in the bank instead of carry on renting i would make more than the rental income are you struggling with

Sponsored Links

Statutory protection of landlords rights.

If your valuation of property isn't increasing and your rental costs aren't covering your expenses then you sound less sensible than you like to appear.

Property is a long term INVESTMENT. If you can't make it work you should sell up. I'm fairly confident I know why you won't.

I'm not attacking you as a landlord,but don't try and pretend it's loss making
and what expenses do i have basically negligible
and make your mind up in the first line you say isnt increasing and in second line say its LONG term that is because there is peaks and troughs in the propety market so property goes through years without increasing
Who has pretended they are making a loss i said i would make more at present do try and keep up with what has actually been written

I agree that people should pay their dues but, practically, you can't beat it out of someone who is adamant they won't pay.

Like everything else in life, renting out is a gamble; you just have to plan / hope you don't get one of the c. 10% of people who are wrong 'uns.
Even if the ex tenant is on benefits, they should have to pay something every month, even a nominal sum.

The LL has to sit there and suck it up if a tenant chooses to pay zero rent, allowing the system to play its course. The tenant eventually leaves or gets evicted, sometimes leaving behind thousands in refurb costs never mind lost rent.

However the systems in place for this loss to be recouped are extremely weak.

That isn't parity.

Where have I denied that?

Want to show me?
Why would i want to show you .
i know how much rent i charge and the interest i would get on several hundred thousand quid and i know at present which pays more . But then in one case i could be c##t and put the rent up by hundreds to match it and force a young family with a child starting out into a hmo room or whatever the council would provide them

Even if the ex tenant is on benefits, they should have to pay something every month, even a nominal sum.

The LL has to sit there and suck it up if a tenant chooses to pay zero rent, allowing the system to play its course. The tenant eventually leaves or gets evicted, sometimes leaving behind thousands in refurb costs never mind lost rent.

That isn't parity.
It's also a good reason for council housing. The overallbill gets picked up by all. And yes, I know it's wrong.

There will always be some that won't, and those that can't pay their way.

The skill is avoiding them as a landlord, but they still need to be housed.

Why would i want to show you i know how much rent i charge and the interest i would get on several hundred thousand quid and i know at present which pays more . But then i could be c##t and put the rent up by hundreds to match it and force a young family with a child starting out into a hmo room or whatever the council would provide them
So you're not making money and an increase in property valuation? Or you are? Which is it?

I'm not knocking you being a landlord but I hate the "oh woe is me" attitude. Sell up if it's not for you.

So you're not making money and an increase in property valuation? Or you are? Which is it?

I'm not knocking you being a landlord but I hate the "oh woe is me" attitude. Sell up if it's not for you.
Do you think house prices continually rise you certainly do live in cloud cuckoo land have house prices not been dropping for the pastcouple of years
no woe is me coming from me have you seen me moan about how much im getting , but you seem to struggle with interest rates would give me MORE money at present

That isn't parity.

Unfortunately though, for us in the squeezed middle, it is reality in so many walks of life.

I'm not crying it in; I just accept that it'll likely never change, so don't worry about it.

Do you think house prices continually rise you certainly do live in cloud cuckoo land have house prices not been dropping for the pastcouple of years
no woe is me coming from me have you seen me moan about how much im getting , but you seem to struggle with interest rates would give me MORE money at present
You are just on a different planet. Planet miserable I think

Pity you cannot understand what is being said to you

Sponsored Links
Back