Taking possession of something you own.

Even if the ex tenant is on benefits, they should have to pay something every month, even a nominal sum.

The LL has to sit there and suck it up if a tenant chooses to pay zero rent, allowing the system to play its course. The tenant eventually leaves or gets evicted, sometimes leaving behind thousands in refurb costs never mind lost rent.

However the systems in place for this loss to be recouped are extremely weak.

That isn't parity.

Is this your own idea or are other landlords saying the same? It's certainly seems a novel idea to me for there to be statutory protections for landlords. My first thought would be to take a deposit and take out insurance.

I know it's a different regime in Scotland, but in England a tenant can be asked to leave for no reason with two months notice. That puts enormous power in the hands of the landlord. Tenants are fearful of asking for repairs to be done. If the landlord breaks the law, by letting himself in, they are scared to complain. A better balance needs to be found.

Sponsored Links
You are just on a different planet. Planet miserable I think

Pity you cannot understand what is being said to you
Pity you struggle with the written word and too busy making things up in your mind
Also you struggle with how the property market actually works all those people who spent years and years in negative equity must have been dreaming it .

Is this your own idea or are other landlords saying the same? It's certainly seems a novel idea to me for there to be statutory protections for landlords. My first thought would be to take a deposit and take out insurance.

I know it's a different regime in Scotland, but in England a tenant can be asked to leave for no reason with two months notice. That puts enormous power in the hands of the landlord. Tenants are fearful of asking for repairs to be done. If the landlord breaks the law, by letting himself in, they are scared to complain. A better balance needs to be found.
That's such a load of ******

That's such a load of ******

A quarter of private renters in England have refrained from asking for repairs to be carried out for fear of eviction, according to a new survey.

The number of tenants evicted or threatened with eviction after complaining to the council, landlord or letting agent about repairs, conditions or harassment in the last three years was nearly three times higher than those who had not complained, the research suggests.

Sponsored Links
Pity you struggle with the written word and too busy making things up in your mind
Also you struggle with how the property market actually works all those people who spent years and years in negative equity must have been dreaming it .
We must have lived in different times.

Yes I've seen negative equity. Didn't last long in the scale of property values dud it

It's not me struggling, its you. If you can't make money sell up. If yoh are making money you prove my point. Which is it !

We must have lived in different times.

Yes I've seen negative equity. Didn't last long in the scale of property values dud it

It's not me struggling, its you. If you can't make money sell up. If yoh are making money you prove my point. Which is it !
as i see you are still struggling with the basic meaning of the words MORE money .
cut and pasted .

How much did house prices fall in the 90s?

Housing market transactions fell by 56% (chart) and real house prices initially fell by 34% over the first 3.5 years while nominal prices fell by 20%
Financial Crisis (GFC) were dramatic and swift. The average UK house price fell by 20% in 16 months. Transaction levels, which had averaged 1.65 million a year in the previous 10 years, fell to 730,000 in the 12 months to the end of June 2009.

as i see you are still struggling with the basic meaning of the words MORE money .
cut and pasted .

How much did house prices fall in the 90s?

Housing market transactions fell by 56% (chart) and real house prices initially fell by 34% over the first 3.5 years while nominal prices fell by 20%
Financial Crisis (GFC) were dramatic and swift. The average UK house price fell by 20% in 16 months. Transaction levels, which had averaged 1.65 million a year in the previous 10 years, fell to 730,000 in the 12 months to the end of June 2009.
Are you making money or doing it for the benefit of the poor?

Even if you owned property in the negative equity times, how long did it last before recovery? Were your renters paying your costs?

You are trying to make out it's worse than it really is?

If its a struggle, sell up and put the money elsewhere. But I'd suggest property values will rise quicker than the same money invested in a bank. History says so, its unlikely to change over the next 5 to 10 years. According to all the forecasts anyway. I don't see any big property owners selling off houses in case of a crash. Shopping centres, maybe, but that's not what we are on about.

I'm not knocking you for making money (but housing shouldn't be about that), but dont try and pretend you are doing it for charity.

Are you making money or doing it for the benefit of the poor?

Even if you owned property in the negative equity times, how long did it last before recovery? Were your renters paying your costs?

You are trying to make out it's worse than it really is?

If its a struggle, sell up and put the money elsewhere. But I'd suggest property values will rise quicker than the same money invested in a bank. History says so, its unlikely to change over the next 5 to 10 years. According to all the forecasts anyway. I don't see any big property owners selling off houses in case of a crash. Shopping centres, maybe, but that's not what we are on about.

I'm not knocking you for making money (but housing shouldn't be about that), but dont try and pretend you are doing it for charity.
i see you are still struggling with what has been written never mind keep ranting on it will do your blood pressure the world of good

Something is wrong in a country where a family can't buy a home for themselves to live in

But they can buy a home for someone else to profit by.
Do you think there’s something wrong in a country where a man can’t earn a living by working but another man can earn money ……….by just investing spare money that he has, like you do with your boasts of 40% growth in a year? In your mind, is there any difference between someone that invests in stocks and shares and someone that invests in bricks and mortar?

Whoops, another question for you to ignore.

i see you are still struggling with what has been written never mind keep ranting on it will do your blood pressure the world of good
I am sorry the question was too tough for you. But it was impossible to make it simpler.

I am sorry the question was too tough for you. But it was impossible to make it simpler.
Try actually reading what has been written and stop those few brain cells you have working overtime making things up as you constantly do

Yes they can. All they have to do is, stick in at school, get a good job, work hard, save their pennies etc. Housing shouldn't be put on a plate for people.
Have to agree.

Some people want everything on a plate
There are hard working people who through hard graft and compromise set themselves up. Why should these grafters not reap benefit of their toil

Was talking to a chemist at the weekend who has through hard work set up his business
He started a new person to assist in the shop. Second Monday no appearance, no phone call, nothing to say he will not be there.

Have to agree.

Some people want everything on a plate
There are hard working people who through hard graft and compromise set themselves up. Why should these grafters not reap benefit of their toil

Was talking to a chemist at the weekend who has through hard work set up his business
He started a new person to assist in the shop. Second Monday no appearance, no phone call, nothing to say he will not be there.
Missing the point that many who have good jobs and careers still can't get onto the housing ladder .
Should work even harder!

So you can't answer? Thought not
the answer has been given several times , not my fault you lack basic intelligence to read the entire thread through . Stick to the beano and the dandy at least they have pictures to help you follow the story

Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
Back