Texecom - connecting a sounder and speaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two of these (upstairs and downstairs) with a cable each running back to the control panel.

https://www.cqr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cqr_pdf_Internal Sounders_Sounders Alto2.pdf

I can see where a single speaker connects into the panel but was wondering if I can connect both in to the same terminals?

Also, which of the following are +12v and SPK.
133774-6d9f0a3745f193157366487c4ce8c814.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 992
Sponsored Links
Looks like internal siren only and not speaker
You may need to connect to bell output
Post model number to confirm

thanks for the reply. I was assured that it does speaker and sounder. I will check model number and confirm.

My apologies for misleading you @Handymanjo.
The details I've posted above are indeed for the sounder (and not a speaker!). This is situated on my landing and will blurt out the alarm siren as I understand it. I still have a question on where I need to wire this in.

In my hallway I have a Pyronix Twin Alert. I understand that this is a sounder and a speaker. This is near my front door so that I can hear the alarm tones when setting the alarm, as well as the amplification of alarm siren. The wiring of this is as follows:
133843-80c918c5c0c78e8bfb184682d1102f5e.jpg

I would be grateful for your advice on wiring this along with my sounder.

Attachments

• pyronix.jpg
    pyronix.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 440
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have two of these (upstairs and downstairs) with a cable each running back to the control panel.

https://www.cqr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cqr_pdf_Internal Sounders_Sounders Alto2.pdf

I can see where a single speaker connects into the panel but was wondering if I can connect both in to the same terminals?

Also, which of the following are +12v and SPK.
133774-6d9f0a3745f193157366487c4ce8c814.jpg

Thanks in advance.

You might be able to open it up fully and gain access to the speaker terminals - in which case discard the siren PCB.

Hi @aptsys, the message you have responded to has been replaced with my most recent update:

My apologies for misleading you @Handymanjo.
The details I've posted above are indeed for the sounder (and not a speaker!). This is situated on my landing and will blurt out the alarm siren as I understand it. I still have a question on where I need to wire this in.

In my hallway I have a Pyronix Twin Alert. I understand that this is a sounder and a speaker. This is near my front door so that I can hear the alarm tones when setting the alarm, as well as the amplification of alarm siren. The wiring of this is as follows:
133843-80c918c5c0c78e8bfb184682d1102f5e.jpg

I would be grateful for your advice on wiring this along with my sounder.

Do you have a view on this as I am hoping that it simplifies matters. Thanks again

I require wiring info for my sounder and have posted a picture of this above. I also require wiring info for the Pyronix Twin Alert please. I've posted a pic of this too. Thanks guys.

Twin alert
12+ to bell 12v
0v to bell 0v
B to bell - trip
Speaker to Ls
Tamper to spare zone ( if used )

As per instructions supplied with twin alert !

Power terminals, and bell trigger/ or output programed as such if 12V sounder

Speakers power and speaker- terminal

need to be careful on where your taking power from and what else is using that power.

do you have any external sounders on the system?

what sirens do you have, as power consumption is the concern.

ie ody 3E uses less than and ody 3 when they are in the same mode

I have 2 x Texecom Odyssey 5E External Sounder with White Cover

I would have to check the power the other devices take, is it the metal or poly 24, as without looking I am sure the bell fuse for the poly is smaller slightly than the metal.

you will have no issues with wiring in for power with just the two Texecom bell boxes connected but may need to look at where you take the power from for your other sounders

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back