The Atheist Delusion movie

Your twisted religion threatens people good or bad.

Says the bloke who studied the bible for no other reason than to pour scorn upon it.
And still no mention nor recognition of the good that religion does.

Sponsored Links
Says the bloke who studied the bible for no other reason than to pour scorn upon it.

Being bought up to have an absolute, fanatical belief in the bible can be hazardous to health

He grew up in a family of Biblicans, people who are not Christians, who do not go to a church but lived their life according to the words of the bible. ( to be more precise by their interpretation of the words ). A remote community in the deep south of the USA

Some time in the 1960's after several months of disturbed behavior he went missing and was never found. What was found later was a notebook in which he had listed the hundreds of biblical contradictions he had found. With the notebook were two bibles in which he had marked the contradicting statements.

At the time there were two main theories to explain his dis-appearance. The favoured one was that finding the bible was so full of contradictions was too much for him to cope with and he had had a mental breakdown and may have ended his life. The other theory was he had been "dealt with" by Biblicans ( maybe his own family ) when his "loss of faith" became apparent.

If the house is on fire I can see and feel the flames.

If I tell you to believe in a fairy tale or I'll burn you house down.... now there's a question.
no, the house is already on fire, but if you don't believe it, by the time you see the flames,it will be too late. you will be trapped and you won't be able to get back out, ever.

Sponsored Links
Have you read Roger's posts? I don't think there is much doubt.

No I haven't and I don't need to. People should be free to express opinions on here without having to put up with that sh1te. If you disagree with someone then say so and why. Resorting to abuse because you don't like what you've read just confirms that you are not very good at putting your views across.

That's not the case.

There have been some idiotic posts; not just ones with which we disagree and could counter with reason.

I note that you have called it "sh1te" thus negating any value your point may have had.

No I haven't and I don't need to. People should be free to express opinions on here without having to put up with that sh1te. If you disagree with someone then say so and why. Resorting to abuse because you don't like what you've read just confirms that you are not very good at putting your views across.

I had started to compose a retort to Roger complete with quotes from his own ramblings , but the conclusion was the same so I thought I'd save myself some keyboard wear and tear . I see you're still stalking me too . Contributing little to the forum .

and evil wicked people.

People who use the words of the bible to justifiy their actions can be evil.

Acts 15:19–21was used to ease the conscious of parents (?) who prevented their injured and unconscious daughter under going life saving surgery. She regained consciousness and gave permission but by then it was too late and she died from organ failure..

People who use the words of the bible to justifiy their actions can be evil.
evil people and unrepentant men, who don't know God can use the bible for evil, yes. i agree.
Acts 15:19–21was used to ease the conscious of parents (?) who prevented their injured and unconscious daughter under going life saving surgery. She regained consciousness and gave permission but by then it was too late and she died from organ failure..

and it is the watchtower cult ,that teaches Jehovah witness to abstain from blood, incorrect understanding of acts 15;19-21

Acts 15:19-21The Message (MSG)
19-21 “So here is my decision: We’re not going to unnecessarily burden non-Jewish people who turn to the Master. We’ll write them a letter and tell them, ‘Be careful to not get involved in activities connected with idols, to guard the morality of sex and marriage, to not serve food offensive to Jewish Christians—blood, for instance.’ This is basic wisdom from Moses, preached and honored for centuries now in city after city as we have met and kept the Sabbath.”

Genisis 9:4 said:
God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah
This before there were Jewish Christians

Sponsored Links
Back