The cheese submarine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
The thing is, the best way to understand Theresa May’s predicament is to imagine that 52 percent of Britain had voted that the government should build a submarine out of cheese.

Now, Theresa May was initially against building a submarine out of cheese, obviously. Because it’s a completely insane thing to do.

However, in order to become PM, she had to pretend that she thought building a submarine out of cheese was fine and could totally work.

"Cheese means cheese," she told us all, madly.

Then she actually built one.

It’s ****. Of course it is. For God’s sake, are you stupid? It’s a submarine built out of cheese.

So now, having built a **** cheese submarine, she has to put up with both Labour and Tory Brexiters insisting that a less **** cheese submarine could have been built.

They’re all lying, and they know it. So does everybody else. We've covered this already, I know, but it’s cheese and it’s a submarine. How good could it possibly be?

Only she can’t call them out on this. Because she has spent the past two years also lying, by pretending she really could build a decent submarine out of cheese.

So that’s where we are.

On balance, I this analogy works fine, perhaps except for the submarine and cheese parts, which need a little work.

Hugo Rifkind

Sponsored Links
No

The reality is the prime minister is faced with the task of trying to make a solution that she can get sufficient agreement from both sides of her party and without totally alienating the British public who voted more for leave than remain.

Labour have built a submarine made of 6 tests of cheese, which all together make a cake and eat it solution. It would sink as soon as at it hits the EU ship.

Labour like to call it a 'jobs first cheese' and a kind of customs cheese, not 'the customs cheese'.

I havent noticed you have compared their 6 tests against your 4 options you love to bring out every other week.

Sponsored Links
Its not quite how she became PM. The ultimate quitter, quit and nobody else stepped forward. She then said she'll deliver the cheese submarine and set about the difficult task of building one. To aid her position she went to the polls for authority, but another chap who thought he could deliver a better cheese submarine, for free and giving everyone grapes and biscuits too, tried to stop her. He failed, so she set about building her cheese sub. 18 months later she has a version 1 design that, while not ideal could work. She goes back to get approval to try it and everyone thinks they can do a better job.

fyi - google casein plastic, If you can make sailing boats from cement, I bet you can make a sub out of cheese :D

fyi - google casein plastic, If you can make sailing boats from cement, I bet you can make a sub out of cheese :D
Nowadays "Galalith" still continues to be produced in small quantities, mainly for buttons.[7]...Don't think it ever caught on!

Not in the end - TM was uncontested. There was no final round in the leadership vote

...nobody else stepped forward...

"Following a tumultuous 24 hours during which the odds-on favourite, Boris Johnson, withdrew from the running, the nominations are finally in. The 1922 Committee announced five official candidates."

"Following a tumultuous 24 hours during which the odds-on favourite, Boris Johnson, withdrew from the running, the nominations are finally in. The 1922 Committee announced five official candidates."
It was reduced to 2 and Andrea Leadsom dropped out.

Why on earth did you make that comment?
Why not?..I find analogy of cheese submarine a bit odd,,,as if the person is drunk and saying silly things,,,or hallucinating on mushrooms,,..joke shedzy,, that ok with you???..Or do you not do humour. You ok with cheese sub analogys,but humour blows your mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back