The great child allowance giveaway.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The latest freebie to our new European friends is that they are entitled to claim family allowance for children that they have left behind in Poland/Latvia etc.

It cost the British tax payer £45 million last year and will be double that this year.

Bring on the revolution.

Sponsored Links
do you want NO EU THEN ! ????

in the late 70s an early 80s our farmers took millions , because Brit was on strike ...btw were you born then ?

the housing crash , interest fandango dance ..EU countries funded us then
if not then it would be like a The Great Depression,

you know nothing an aspire to hate too much

£45,000,000,a spit in the ocean no more serious than me losing a bit of change down the back of the settee

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
do you want NO EU THEN ! ????

in the late 70s an early 80s our farmers took millions , because Brit was on strike ...btw were you born then ?

the housing crash , interest fandango dance ..EU countries funded us then
if not then it would be like a The Great Depression,

you know nothing an aspire to hate too much

Yes I want "NO" to the EU. Its a corrupt undemocratic organisation bogged down with power struggles and self interest duplicity. If the peoples of Europe were given a true and honest vote the EU would be scrapped.

Your points are also meaningless in the context of Joe's comment because Latvia and Poland were not EU members in the 70's and 80's.

splinter said:
£45,000,000,a spit in the ocean no more serious than me losing a bit of change down the back of the settee

So you like too see UK hospitals and schools closing down due to the lack of funds?

paulbrown said:
splinter said:

So you like too see UK hospitals and schools closing down due to the lack of funds?

That point is pretty pointless too.
that more to do with the local adminrstrations that run the NHS& education not central goverment

splinter said:
paulbrown said:
splinter said:

that more to do with the local adminrstrations that run the NHS& education not central goverment

Funding levels are decided by central government.

That you see £45M as a small change says much about your grasp on economic reality.

I don't make pointless comments.

paulbrown said:
splinter said:
paulbrown said:
splinter said:

Funding levels are decided by central government.

That you see £45M as a small change says much about your grasp on economic reality.

I don't make pointless comments.

So because funding is decided by central goverment they also decide what schools shut?
In the great scheme of things yes £45,000,000 is small change
Yes you do make pointless and more importantly totally unconnected comments

joe-90 said:
The latest freebie to our new European friends is that they are entitled to claim family allowance for children that they have left behind in Poland/Latvia etc.

It cost the British tax payer £45 million last year and will be double that this year.

Bring on the revolution.

how do you work out the £45 million will double next year then!!!!!!!

child allowance around £700 a year thats shurely about 6.5 million kids to =45mil!!!!

splinter wrote,
So because funding is decided by central goverment they also decide what schools shut?

I will try to keep this simple as I can for you.

Central government allocates funds for distibution by local administrators. These funds are reduced by £45M. Local management have to balance their books, so they make corresponding cuts to services. Whilst central government may not actually name specific areas for savings, they are nonetheless responsible for those cuts.

Ministers are scapegoating by blaming local people and you are naive if you can't see that.

In the great scheme of what?

If you were to say we were giving this money to starving kids in Africa I would applaud it. Or If it went to help pensioners and the sick, even if they were overseas, then I would also applaud that.

We are not talking about that though, we are talking about thieving conmen fiddling the system.

You are naive and making yourself look silly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind reading the story can't seem to find anything on the internet could be searching for sometime

splinter said:
I wouldn't mind reading the story can't seem to find anything on the internet could be searching for sometime

I suspected you had no idea what you were talking about, thankyou for confirming it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What about the grand scale and small change?

Paulbrown, so what you are saying is that every time central goverment has to find money for say £45.000.000 for child allowance or sending extra troops toAthgistan the automaticially deduct it from monies allocated to local athourities.Just wondering because the schools/hospitals in Kent seem to be constantlybe expanding,albeit that the quality of care/education is not persceived to be

paulbrown said:
splinter said:

I suspected you had no idea what you were talking about, thankyou for confirming it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What about the grand scale and small change?

So you are fully aware that the goverment has been asked by the Eu to contribute £45,0000.000 to pay child allowances for Polish/Latvians and you have also read the story some where. Because of the vagueness of the original post everyones posts are going to look like that ,point me to the story and then we will all be aware of the full facts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back