The Maddy circus.

What you like with maths Norcon? have you a feel for probability?

Because that's what rules your life... RTC, heart attack, sink hole in Devon... your number is up at some point.

That said, you take chances... overtaking near a bend, going on a plane, using a chain saw, eating chicken off the BBQ etc etc

leaving you kids in your apartment is an acceptable risk... you have a sense of the associated dangers... but you can't account for being watched, or unseen gases... http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/may/04/thomas-cook-not-guilty-corfu-deaths

Sponsored Links
Stop mincing, and state your position... and then have a discussion..

Do you think it OK for parents to go boozing down the pub leaving their children alone?
Yes or no?

What do you mean by "boozing" and where is the "pub" in relation to where the kids are, and what safeguards are in place?

And Norcon, are you prepared to accuse the parents of killing Maddie? or at least criticising the abductors?

Stop mincing, and state your position... and then have a discussion..

Do you think it OK for parents to go boozing down the pub leaving their children alone?
Yes or no?

What do you mean by "boozing" and where is the "pub" in relation to where the kids are, and what safeguards are in place?

And Norcon, are you prepared to accuse the parents of killing Maddie? or at least criticising the abductors?

Emotive twaddle Norcon !!

leaving you kids in your apartment is an acceptable risk

No it damn well isn't acceptable.
Like I said you're an idiot.

Sponsored Links
leaving you kids in your apartment is an acceptable risk

No it damn well isn't acceptable.
Like I said you're an idiot.

You're rude and out of order... I haven't insulted you !!!

And by "apartment" your understanding needs to be explained... One of my kids is about 30 yards away in a room by himself... am I wrong for that?

You're very outspoken about how far a parent must be from a child, and you need to explain that in detail before you criticise... or you have no argument...

And you still don't blam the abductors... that's vary disappointing !

You're very outspoken about how far a parent must be from a child,

Did you leave your children alone when they were under 3 years old to go down the pub boozing?

You're very outspoken about how far a parent must be from a child,

Did you leave your children alone when they were under 3 years old to go down the pub boozing?

Are you not able to analyse and rationalise a situation? Are you upset that humpty dumpty fell off the wall?

Are you willing to criticise the child abduction and trafficking evil that exists?

Have you children? have you ever been to the toilet and left them in you dining room?

Too many questions, I admit..

but your blame is hugely misplaced Norcon !!!

Let's see where the NSPCC stands here

What the law says

The law does not set a minimum age at which children can be left alone. However, it is an offence to leave a child alone when doing so puts him or her at risk.

How to decide if you can safely leave a child alone

There are many important things to consider before you decide to leave a child alone. These include:

the age of the child
the child's level of maturity and understanding
the place where the child will be left
how long and how often the child will be left alone
whether or not there are any other children with the child.
For example, most parents would think it is okay to leave a 16-year-old alone for the evening. But to leave them for a week would be unacceptable.

Many young children play outdoors with other children without supervision, most people would agree that this is an important part of growing up. To leave children outdoors for a considerable length of time though, or to allow them to wander off without knowing where they are going, would be unacceptable.

You are the best judge of your child's level of maturity and responsibility. Read our Home alone leaflet for more information.

Seems to me it's open to interpretation and what any one parent regards as 'safe' or just safe enough..
confused-smiley-009.gif

For God's sake, will you two stop it? I've just had to wade through three pages of quibbling.

The parents are to blame for leaving the child unsupervised.

The kidnapper is to blame for taking the child.

The parents are no doubt going through hell.

The kidnapper is probably laughing his socks off.

Sponsored Links
Back