The Peoples Party

I don't understand what Woke even means. What is it?

It's about you. Keep it up. It's about the constant content you and those like you post endlessly. You, Johnd, Nosey, every incarnation of Red Rogue Herring, Himmigan, Bobby dazzler etc. You keep the Tories in power. I reckon the Boris is really grateful. LOL. Serious question, does this site and you lot work for the Tories???

Sponsored Links
Woke - a phrase used by the black community in America to mean the awareness of the centuries and brutality they have experienced at the hands of white men, but now warped by white men to make it a negative term, thus once again hammering down those that is represents.

Generally racists call anybody "woke" that isn't a racist these days. Other people use it too of course, for other reasons, not just racists (before I get accused of saying something I didn't, again).

It is such a vague term that really, each person that uses needs to say what they mean by it. But, they never do, which makes it all a bit confusing for everybody else. And this is probably why so many people like to call others "woke" - it's a way of insulting somebody without actually saying anything, which is the perfect tool for trollish behaviour.

Who has used the term? Who are the many people?
Is that the same as calling someone gammon then?

Who has used the term? Who are the many people?

Why are you asking? Because you want to know, or because you refuse to believe it is used?
I've seen many people use it here on DIYNot alone. Here are a few random examples from the search box:

How very woke. :rolleyes:

Isn't that the very sort of left wing woke rubbish he was ranting about?

You are woke if you hate your own country and its history; and if you repudiate your heritage.

Plenty more people have used the term here, just search if you're really interested.

Sponsored Links
if thats what their constituants wanted, or remain if they wanted, but the reason brexit is so damning now is because the political class suddenly turned into a playground full of 5 year olds, had they have worked together for a common goal we may have either left on better terms, or ended up remaining with better terms, either way we would have got there a darn sight quicker.

The problem is that the referendum wasn't binding, it needed a vote in parliament....our MPs are not delegates, they represent us. Therefore those MPs who believed that remaining would be better for their constituents and its businesses, continued to fight to remain.

They did what they thought was right and they put that before their careers.....unlike Boris who chose the side he thought would give him power

They need to stop pandering to the self righteous London self proclaimed elite, just because they like art's in its many forms does not make them highly educated nor elite, and stop pandering to the minority groups who get offended by everything.
Nonsense. They need to pander to everyone, or at least the majority. Not easy unless you go down Bozzas populist route, especially if you want to do it with a smidgen of honesty.

Any from me???
What about the term gammon then DJ?
According to you then, everybody that has used the term is racist, is what you wrote correct?

You seem to know about derogatory phrases or are you selective in choosing.

What about the term gammon
It's only a superficial disability...

The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions

Easily remedied with a soothing read of The Wail and some cheery anti-immigrant banter with fellow gaudy coloured corduroy trouser wearing flag shaggers.

And some people wonder why votes don’t go the way they would like.
Perfect example, keep doing Boris’s job for him.

Is DJ trawling over my old posts, desperately trying to find me saying woke. Lol.

Is DJ trawling over my old posts, desperately trying to find me saying woke. Lol.

why would I do that? Did I or anybody else say that you use that term?
I only said that people here have used that term. That's all.
People have also said gammon. Not disputing that. Calling names is never a kind thing, but it happens a lot these days.

You actually said woke is a term used by racists.
Are you sticking by that?

Sponsored Links
Back