The Queens funeral.

Sponsored Links
Funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living. It was a 162 million pound warm up party for Charlie.

Sponsored Links
Another way to look at this is that it was £162m of Government spending into the economy.

It is estimated that 4.1 billion people watched the funeral world wide , the programme was sold to News networks world wide by the BBC , no one seems to know if the BBC contributed towards the £162 million of Governments costs of the funeral , but then again the BBC is always pleading poverty

There's a single mum in t'village who cannot afford to heat her home & often goes without food herself so her kids can appear at least normal.

£162million for the funeral of the worlds biggest benefits sponger, who also headed the single most dysfunctional family this planet has ever known.

Bargain that was. Worth every penny. That is if your priorities are all fubar.

There's a single mum in t'village who cannot afford to heat her home & often goes without food herself so her kids can appear at least normal.

£162million for the funeral of the worlds biggest benefits sponger, who also headed the single most dysfunctional family this planet has ever known.

Bargain that was. Worth every penny. That is if your priorities are all fubar.
Perhaps you could cut back on the bottles of single malt when you regularly host your 'rogues, vagabonds and ne'er do wells MCC' pîss ups at Dork Towers and chuck a bit of money her way. Or even pay her to do a bit of tidying up in your private woods, do a bit of crewing on the boat you own a share in, give her a bit of work in one of the 17 companies you claim to be a director of or just give her a handout from the £120 mil you claim to be worth if you're that concerned about her? If you were feeling extremely generous, you could even let her job share with you and let her take a turn at collecting t'pots at t'pub in t'village?

Perhaps you could cut back on the bottles of single malt when you regularly host your 'rogues, vagabonds and ne'er do wells MCC' pîss ups at Dork Towers and chuck a bit of money her way. Or even pay her to do a bit of tidying up in your private woods, do a bit of crewing on the boat you own a share in, give her a bit of work in one of the 17 companies you claim to be a director of or just give her a handout from the £120 mil you claim to be worth if you're that concerned about her? If you were feeling extremely generous, you could even let her job share with you and let her take a turn at collecting t'pots at t'pub in t'village?
talk about missing the point

Cost less than £3 per head of the total population of the UK. ( 67 million )

or £5 per taxpayer. ( 32 million )

Why is it always claimed that the government pays?
The government has no money, it's taxpayers money!

It would have been pocket money for the firm to cough up, but as usual they get others to foot the bill...

Now I wonder how many know that the National lottery fund contributed towards the coronation celebrations?

The same National lottery fund that contributes to food banks...

Which is the most deserving cause?

It's a difficult one, because she was present across so many generations of people, so naturally people think of their Grandmother and Great Aunts who'd have a fine bone china plate of her on the wall! She became a bit of a personality figure in her own right, and separate to the family. I certainly couldn't hate her because I didn't know her.

However -- I'd argue she's never served us or has done anything "for us" her whole life. Never stepped to show leadership during times of crises, never raised question over controversial laws she's signed off (I know she's not supposed to, but it begs the question of why they exist), never forgone luxury, etc. Nobody has been able to tell me what she's actually done as our head of state.

My Grandfather fought years in the war, saw his best mates slaughtered, got taken prisoner to be beaten to a pulp and came home to a war-torn England weighing just six stone. He then found out he had to apply for his medals, so he never bothered. Then people go and say Liz "served us"! All my Grandad got as a thanks was a rented bedroom in the upstairs of an old man's house.

She worked for us her whole life.
Did she?

A life of luxury with an army of servants on demand in return for a bit of hand waving...

Plenty of foreign travel at the taxpayer's expense...

'Money for nothing' is I'm sure a phrase you'd agree with ;)

That cost would be a tiny tip of the iceberg, it was just the direct cost of the event itself. There would have been a much bigger, much more dificult to quantify cost to the economy, mainly as a result of the extra bank holiday but also indirectly in lots of other ways.

She was a nice old lady, but she definitely cost us vast amounts throughout her lifetime, and her funeral was just a small part of what was probably one of the most expensive lifetimes of a human being ever on the planet.

Her son and all the rest are still costing us, continually.

Sponsored Links
Back