The Queens funeral.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Very sorry to hear your news.

I buried my mum's ashes under a shrub in the garden. The crematorium supplied a biodegradable urn.

We bury my old dear in about 6 hours. My brother has copped for the readings and I put my hand up for the eulogy. May they all rest in peace.

I'm so sorry. Mum's are special (so are dad's)

I lost mine last year. Hope it all goes well.

Wishing you and your family the best. X

I buried my mum's ashes under a shrub in the garden. The crematorium supplied a biodegradable urn.
Mrs Motties Dads ashes were supplied in a biodegradable wicker pouch, the shape of a pillow. We bought a big garden planter pot and a small bush to plant with the intention of putting his ashes in there. We had a barbecue to celebrate the occasion and of course, most people had had a few by the time it came to the planting. There were a few misty eyes when we got the pouch and tried to put it in the pot where we found that it wouldn’t quite fit and needed a bit of tamping down - we all had a bit of a push and it just about went in. It was at this point that we noticed a sticker inside the planter that said 'Frost proof' which made everyone scream with laughter. 'Frost' was the family name!

A friend and his four brothers scattered their dads ashes on the shore of Ullswater, at the crucial moment a gust of wind blew the lot back at them, lots of coughing and watery eyes followed

A friend and his four brothers scattered their dads ashes on the shore of Ullswater, at the crucial moment a gust of wind blew the lot back at them, lots of coughing and watery eyes followed

Maybe a laugh or two?

We buried Mum earlier this year, it fell to me to do the eulogy, my first ever, but it seems it was too close to home for the other sibs who had had more experience than me. I prepared as thoroughly as I could but what spooked me, with a few days to go, was two mates in the sane position as me who, quite independently of each other, said that when they got to the church doors they couldn't go ahead.That freaked me out a little. It all went well in the end and as Mottie says you are celebrating a life.

Blup

We buried Mum earlier this year, it fell to me to do the eulogy, my first ever, but it seems it was too close to home for the other sibs who had had more experience than me. I prepared as thoroughly as I could but what spooked me, with a few days to go, was two mates in the sane position as me who, quite independently of each other, said that when they got to the church doors they couldn't go ahead.That freaked me out a little. It all went well in the end and as Mottie says you are celebrating a life.

Blup
No backing out for me once they printed the order of service leaflets. :oops:
I'm happy with the way it went. The church was full.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back