The Super Fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=0&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=1016

Im just working on a similar product myself, the "Super Duper Fuse". it will make white goods use cheaper to run by using less electricity. Shortly available from my website for £49.99 each - a snip. (pre-orders now being taken)

I've just fitted a prototype to my toaster, and the toast is.... well, it's toastier!

This time next year we could be millionaires... etc etc.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend "alcan foil" fuses they make everything work harder, even when it does't want to :mrgreen:

DS

much better buy is their zapperator at only £99. It's so useful i haven't managed to discover all the things it can do.

Sponsored Links
The subject of Russ Andrews crops up here from time to time and hes had his wrists slapped by the ASA at least once, but there must still be plenty of people daft enough to buy his snake oil out there!
It seems to be a dramatic illustration of how few teeth ASA and Trading Standards actually have (or choose to, or have to resources to, exercise), since common sense suggests that he should either have been forced to change his practices or else 'closed down'.

I would always defend the right of anyone to attempt to sell ludicrously expensive useless products, and to take the money of anyone daft enough to make purchases. However, I do not think that 'unjustified (often ludicrous) claims', which will clearly mislead at least some people, should be accepted.

Kind Regards, John

The only snubber needed is one that snubs out the adverts.

Though I do take some pleasure in that the people who believe his claims and spend all that money on the stuff are often so intent on listening for imperfections they cannot enjoy the music.

It really is borderline fraud.
Indeed - and not being a lawyer, I don't know on what side of that borderline it actually falls. In everyday common sense terms, for someone to knowingly (he must!) attempt to obtain large sums of money on the basis of 'false claims' is mighty close to 'fraud'. I know there is the concept of 'caveat emptor' when it comes to buying things, but it does not seem reasonable that it should be acceptable for potential buyers to be mislead by deliberate ridiculous claims by the seller.

I would have thought that existing Trading Standards and Advertising Standards regulations/legislation would be more than adequate to cover this sort of thing - but, as I said, is seems that very little enforcement thereof has occurred in this seemingly pretty flagrant case.

Kind Regards, John

The 13A Superfuse claims to be manufactured to BS1362.

Yet it is coloured black. Surely brown is the correct colour?

Amended

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back