The Super Fuse

I thought that site was some kind of April fools joke. Unbelievable that they get away with some of the claims.
Indeed. The intriguing thing is that they have been around, and presumably 'trading', for a long time - so one can but presume that they are finding a good few very gullible/daft customers!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
To my mind to use this device at least plugs with two fuses are required.

To my mind you don't need fused plugs at all apart the one on the input side of the transformer.

BS 546 plugs would be ideal.

Sponsored Links
Indeed. The intriguing thing is that they have been around, and presumably 'trading', for a long time - so one can but presume that they are finding a good few very gullible/daft customers!
If a person buys one of the RA products, they will hear a difference. No one else will.

They then have to continue buying ever more expensive things in order to continue hearing the improvement. No one else will notice anything different.

In a Previous Life, I had the dubious privilege of working with various trades around SE UK and this included some very salubrious parts of London. This brought me into occasional contact with a tranche of City Society generally called "derivatives traders"... I believe they are the tribe villified by many at present for having "got us into this mess". (the mess being the perceived credit-crunch etc etc).
It seemed to me that amongst very many other expensive and more or less morally repugnant diversions this lot had, there was a preponderance of Hi-Fi nuts, ie people (always male) pathologically bent on being able to detect such nonsenses as Derek Smalls' leather underwear creaking during the drum solo on "Sex Farm". They would pay really quite staggering sums of money for audio equipment, the more esoteric the better.
Now, I'm no psychologist. Not full-time anyway. But it seemed to me that these nutters sort of knew that what they were buying was all hokey claptrap. There seemed to be a funny rivalry between friends to see who could waste the most dosh over a weekend on their hobby, then they would convince each other that they had found some new sound on a Janes Addiction track thanks to a £300 rubber speaker mat. there were fads - one week it was speaker cables, the next week it was ferrites. But I'm convinced that deep down, they knew it was all a load of hogwash, that wasnt the point. The point was spending the money, worshipping at your chosen temple and to be seen to be so doing.
I dont think it even mattered that it was hifi, these people were doing the same kinda thing with their car ECU's, skis, push-bikes, shotguns.
Here's the thing though, before we get all dismissive about it:
they had too much cash: bonuses, salaries, commission, kickbacks, whatever: they actually wanted to redistribute it - Russ Andrews is just the chap that takes the first payment. What about the van driver, the website designer, the storemen, the girl that wipes the deOxIT, the cardboard box company, the artwork, the kid that paints "superfuse" onto the fuse.
THe logical conclusion of that is that we end up with a house of cards economy adding zero value and it all comes tumbling down eventually... but - that won't ever happen because of the regulating effect of Common Sense.
Snake Oil is not the right analogy here. I believe the Snake Oil apocrypha originated in quack medicine in the Wild West (?) not so very long ago, we all had No Idea about medicine: Enter the Charlatan, cures for a fee. This appeals just the same to those who can afford it and those who cannot. Morally BAD.
Russ Andrews' business only targets those who can afford it! I'm sure he would rather that we all buy superfuses for everything but by it's nature, you are never going to get a customer who has to choose between a superfuse and a box of nappies. It's a wonderfully self-regulating mechanism for redistributing wealth.

I think I'll apply to LSE with that posting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back