Thermostatic valves: this can't be right...can it?

I dont see the problem, just use the plain capped one as the lockshield to balance the system then leave it there!

Do you want me to buy you some TRV heads until you can afford them yourself Vulcan?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dont see the problem, just use the plain capped one as the lockshield to balance the system then leave it there!

Do you want me to buy you some TRV heads until you can afford them yourself Vulcan?

Tony

Yes, you don't have to use the cap, just the screw slot, they even numbered it for you and the instructions had a graph if memory serves.

That's very kind of you Tony but I have an eye to a fancy system later.

Sponsored Links
Bit of a resurrection on this one, chaps.

So I'm getting round to sticking TRVs on one end of these radiators. I've seen these at a decent price: Schlosser Diamant Plus

http://schlosser.com.pl/en/offer/thermostatic-heads/

However, there are different models in the Diamant Plus series - not sure you can tell from the photo above, but does anyone know which TRV model would fit? Or any other recommendations? Failing that, I guess I could go for the Drayton TRV 4s...

Those are just the TRV heads; you need a TRV body as well. You can't fit a TRV head to a standard rotary valve body.

You can often pick up brand new TRV4's from ebay. They may come in trade boxes instead of the end-user blister packs.

Hang on. If these are old VT117 valves as previously identified in the thread, they are already TRV bodies, no?

Yes they are TRV bodies but will need VT117 heads. Can't just mix and match bodies and heads unfortunately.

Yep, understood. Ta.
Good to know that I don't have to faff about fitting new valves if I don't have to. Or paying for a professional to do it.
Am I right that the VT117 bodies can accept VT200 heads?
I'm also assuming those bodies in the photos are 15mm, but I'd need to check.

Read the earleir posts. They were TRV bodies sold with ON/OFF heads cheaper so the customer could add a thermostatic head later. You can use any TRV head on it with the standard thread. Look through the Honeywell heads and choose one.

Yep, got it. Re-read your initial post where you do indeed confirm they're TRV bodies.
Going for the VT200, I think. Cheers Vulcan.

Surprised to see the one direction arrow so check they're on the flow (seem to remember they were bi directional). If not you can undo it and turn it around or buy a complete valve - or by a bi-directional insert but that'd be more trouble than it's worth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back