THUGS beat up the police

Thermo, I'm sorry to hear about your injuries, the 15 months should have been 15 years or more.
The idiots in the above link will probably end up getting a few months if that, we are far too soft as I often say. Give them 20 years (or indeed the birch) should put more titheads off doing it in future. Thats 1/2 the problem here - no deterrent, people get up to all sorts and theres often no real punishment - if theres no punishment then people will continue to do it. Had I been there I would have helped out too, and I'll bet if anyone did help out, theyd probably face an assault charge and end up in serious bother - bit like when you kick the crap out of a burglar.

Sponsored Links
Isn't this where someone, naming no names, lest just call him Prohibit all Garden Storage Facilites, steps in and tells you that it wasn't the guys fault, it was his bad upbringing that made him attack you and his pregnant wife, he had no choice and is probably ill. He never got a chance in life and so can't be blamed. In fact as an agent of an oppressive society it was probably you provoked him in the first place by some sort of quantum action at a distance. You should be ashamed of yourself using VIOLENCE against this poor innocent lambie.

You should have had a quiet in depth philosophical debate with him about his behaviour and I'm sure he would have come to rational conclusion that prehaps he shouldn't be so agressive with people.

So you asked for it you totalitarian agressor you.

Ooops, sorry, got to far into someone elses headspace there - I hope the fella accidently "fell down the stairs" once he was in custody.

Too many people live in denial about the fact that there are crappy jobs that have to be done to maintain their "civilise society" and someone has to take responsibilty for them. Luckily we have guys like you who do and respect to you for it.

The animals that beat up coppers and shoot at ambulence crews and firemen should be publicly flogged.

baldy01 said:
Isn't this where someone, naming no names...
Just curious - what's the reason for this not-so-cryptic sideswipe?

I'd like to think I'd do something to help if someone was getting a kicking, policeman or not, but I doubt it would involve some Tackleberry-style fantasy of wading in and giving everyone what for.

Softus said:
baldy01 said:
Isn't this where someone, naming no names...
Just curious - what's the reason for this not-so-cryptic sideswipe?

Oh, I can answer that ..... Its a thinly-veiled effort to start an argument.

Sponsored Links
baldy01 said:
Isn't this where someone, naming no names, lest just call him Prohibit all Garden Storage Facilites, steps in and tells you that it wasn't the guys fault, it was his bad upbringing that made him attack you and his pregnant wife, he had no choice and is probably ill. He never got a chance in life and so can't be blamed. In fact as an agent of an oppressive society it was probably you provoked him in the first place by some sort of quantum action at a distance. You should be ashamed of yourself using VIOLENCE against this poor innocent lambie.

You should have had a quiet in depth philosophical debate with him about his behaviour and I'm sure he would have come to rational conclusion that prehaps he shouldn't be so agressive with people.

Ooops, sorry, got to far into someone elses headspace there - I hope the fella accidently "fell down the stairs" once he was in custody.

Too many people live in denial about the fact that there are rubbishy jobs that have to be done to maintain their "civilise society" and someone has to take responsibilty for them. Luckily we have guys like you who do and respect to you for it.

The animals that beat up coppers and shoot at ambulence crews and firemen should be publicly flogged.

What on earth are you talking about? Those involved should be arrested, charged and sentenced. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Sarcasm? No, no, we don't get that around here. I was the last practitioner and I gave it up because I was fed up with being stared at!

Its a thinly-veiled effort to start an argument.

Well damn, you guys are just too sharp for me. :)

P.S. It wasn't veiled at all, I find baiting predictable people with no of sense of humour amusing, I can't help it, I had a bad upbringing ;)

baldy01 said:
I find baiting predictable people with no of sense of humour amusing
There's a difference between having no sense of humour, and having a sense of humour that's too subtle for you to understand; and I'm not talking about myself. :rolleyes:

Joe - 90 just so your clear. I didnt retire, i resigned on my own volition, im in my late 30s. I had enough of seeing how the government turned something i enjoyed into a bureaucratic nightmare. I valued my family and happiness to highly, and i felt id seen enough of it all. I didnt get a penny when i left and i never got anything whilst i was injured, in fact i was treated in a diabolical way. I was lucky and found a decent physio (who i paid for) that allowed me to go back to work. The work i do now is physically hard but the exercise actually helps my back, but i still do have to reguarly go back for treatments (which i pay for). Thats also why i employ a labourer to do the heavy lifting.

As for my pension, yes i will get one, but instead of getting it at 54 as i would have done, i will now have to wait until im 65 as i left early. Also every penny that was put into it came from my pocket, and nothing comes from the government (thats 11% of my salary) unlike home office pensions etc which people contribute very little to and get a lot back on.

So Joe, dont worry i didnt cost you anything, geddit? :rolleyes:

baldy01 said:
I can't help it, I had a bad upbringing ;)
Bad upbringing or not - whilst that may be the origin of your ridiculous ideas, that does not protect you from the consequences of spouting them.

baldy01 said:
Isn't this where someone, naming no names, lest just call him Prohibit all Garden Storage Facilites, steps in and tells you that it wasn't the guys fault, it was his bad upbringing that made him attack you and his pregnant wife,
It might have been - I don't know, do you?

he had no choice and is probably ill.
He might be - I don't know, do you?

He never got a chance in life
He may not have had - I don't know, do you?

and so can't be blamed.
Maybe he can't - I don't know, do you?

In fact as an agent of an oppressive society it was probably you provoked him in the first place by some sort of quantum action at a distance.
You disgust me.

You should be ashamed of yourself using VIOLENCE against this poor innocent lambie.
You really haven't got the hang of this thinking lark, have you?

Is this meant to be humour, or stupidity? - I can't tell.

Do you have any rational points to make at all?

By other animals, I guess....

Thermo said:
Joe - 90 just so your clear. I didnt retire, i resigned on my own volition, im in my late 30s. I had enough of seeing how the government turned something i enjoyed into a bureaucratic nightmare. I valued my family and happiness to highly, and i felt id seen enough of it all. I didnt get a penny when i left and i never got anything whilst i was injured, in fact i was treated in a diabolical way. I was lucky and found a decent physio (who i paid for) that allowed me to go back to work. The work i do now is physically hard but the exercise actually helps my back, but i still do have to reguarly go back for treatments (which i pay for). Thats also why i employ a labourer to do the heavy lifting.

As for my pension, yes i will get one, but instead of getting it at 54 as i would have done, i will now have to wait until im 65 as i left early. Also every penny that was put into it came from my pocket, and nothing comes from the government (thats 11% of my salary) unlike home office pensions etc which people contribute very little to and get a lot back on.

So Joe, dont worry i didnt cost you anything, geddit? :rolleyes:

Yeah I gedditt - and I like your style.

Thermo said:
Joe - 90 just so your clear. I didnt retire, i resigned on my own volition, im in my late 30s. I had enough of seeing how the government turned something i enjoyed into a bureaucratic nightmare.:
My bro-in-law is soon resigning from the met for exactly the same reason - he says there's more politics now than fighting crime. He moved from London to North Cornwall and is training as a plumber and he loves it!

good for him. I know so many guys that have got 10 years or less to go till they retire. They dont enjoy it any more as it has changed beyond all recognition to what it was. You look at them and they look worn out and they are all fed up to the back teeth with it, but too scared to leave because of the pension. So many of them ask me how its all going and you can see that they are both happy and encouraged that there is a big wide world out there where you can get on, but also they darent go for it. I think its very sad that they can be so demoralised by an organisation.

Tell your brother in law, there is life outside the police, and enjoy it, he'll wonder why he didnt do it sooner :D

Sounds like I should be pleased I never made it into GMP.....

Sponsored Links
Back