Tigerloop problem

Still shouldn't have a non-return valve in the line between the tank and the tigerloop.

Unless the new ones are different.

why's that? i never saw that mentioned in any of the documentation...

Because a Tigerloop has one built in.

Think there's an how to, in the Grant MI, must go and dig a copy out. :rolleyes:

ah okay. i installed the non-return valve before i knew i needed a tigerloop. will that affect the tigerloop's performance?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The obvious and simple question is "does the boiler run fine if the oil inlet pipe is dipped into a bucket of oil beside the boiler?"

Tony

Can`t do that Tony, the pump is set for two pipe system. But it might work if both the flow and return pipes from the oil pump were dipped in;) ;)

thanks, that's awesome - i'm going to try that now!

do the flow and return swivel elbow flexibles need sealant for connecting to the pump?

also, the flexible that came with the boiler (for flow) has a very slightly different rounded end to the one i bought at screwfix (for return); screwfix one seems to have more of a flattened top

get rid of the non return valve, bleed from the spigot on the pump. no paste on the flexi's to the pump.

A Tigerloop is mind bogglingly so simple, there's nothing to go wrong.

You simply screw it to the wall above the burner height.

Connect 3 pipes, one to the tank, and two too the burner, and turn it it on.

You simply screw it to the wall above the burner height.

Connect 3 pipes, one to the tank, and two too the burner, and turn it it on.

Not in all cases, if the Tiger Loop Bio is fitted inside a building you need to use the fourth connection on top of the dome to run a 10mm pipe to outside to let the gases escape.

That is true, the new Bio has a vent to atmosphere :cool:

My excuse is they didn't make them when I retired. :p

Um, I replaced a newish one the other day because the oil was flowing back to the tank. Someone had put a non-return valve in to cure the problem, which it didn't. I replaced the tiger loop. Problem fixed.

Um, I replaced a newish one the other day because the oil was flowing back to the tank. Someone had put a non-return valve in to cure the problem, which it didn't. I replaced the tiger loop. Problem fixed.

Dirty oil in the non-return valve.

Are you sure you have connected the pipes up correctly? The symptoms you have could be due to the flow on the pump connected to the return on the tiger loop.

Thanks for all the help guys.

As someone suggested, i first put both the flow and return flexis into a bucket of oil. Boiler ran fine in this setup, no problem. I then connected both the flow and return to the tigerloop, and then put the inlet to the tigerloop directly into the bucket of oil. Again, no problem - tigerloop runs perfectly. I then moved the bucket down to the ground floor (below the level of the tank) and it pulled the oil fine, no problem. I then connected the inlet pipe directly to the oil line BEFORE the non-return value and fire valve. This setup runs perfectly, so the next thing I'm going to do is remove the non-return valve - as two people suggested - and see how it runs then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back