Times are a changing at the BBC

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...isan-use-of-twitter/ar-BB18KHZ5?ocid=msedgntp

I don't want them to be 'angry and confused', I want them to be 'unemployed'.

Regular freelance contributors and BBC broadcasters have been left angry and confused this weekend in the wake of the new director general Tim Davie’s comments about restrictions to their use of Twitter.

Speaking in Cardiff on Thursday, Davie called for restraint and greater impartiality from presenters and reporters. “If you want to be an opinionated columnist or a partisan campaigner on social media then that is a valid choice, but you should not be working at the BBC,” he said.

The stern caution is thought to be aimed at many of the BBC’s biggest names, some of whom, including the political editor Laura Kuenssberg and television interviewer Andrew Neil, have been accused of letting their views show in their online comments. Kuenssberg denies that her impartiality slips.

However, some of the most high-profile BBC figures, including the Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker, are unlikely to be covered by Davie’s edict because they work outside news and current affairs.

But this weekend, as BBC tweeters noticeably held fire online until things become clearer, many of those who are frequently employed in Broadcasting House but are not on staff wondered if the new rules will include them.

Sponsored Links
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...isan-use-of-twitter/ar-BB18KHZ5?ocid=msedgntp

I don't want them to be 'angry and confused', I want them to be 'unemployed'.

Regular freelance contributors and BBC broadcasters have been left angry and confused this weekend in the wake of the new director general Tim Davie’s comments about restrictions to their use of Twitter.

Speaking in Cardiff on Thursday, Davie called for restraint and greater impartiality from presenters and reporters. “If you want to be an opinionated columnist or a partisan campaigner on social media then that is a valid choice, but you should not be working at the BBC,” he said.

The stern caution is thought to be aimed at many of the BBC’s biggest names, some of whom, including the political editor Laura Kuenssberg and television interviewer Andrew Neil, have been accused of letting their views show in their online comments. Kuenssberg denies that her impartiality slips.

However, some of the most high-profile BBC figures, including the Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker, are unlikely to be covered by Davie’s edict because they work outside news and current affairs.

But this weekend, as BBC tweeters noticeably held fire online until things become clearer, many of those who are frequently employed in Broadcasting House but are not on staff wondered if the new rules will include them.

Who cares

Next year when Brexit shambles comes to town, the Brexit arguments will fall silent.

Who cares

Next year when Brexit shambles comes to town, the Brexit arguments will fall silent.

I have heard Notch7, that there are that many people who read DIYnot discussion, that your views and vote for Brexit tipped the balance.

Sponsored Links
I have heard Notch7, that there are that many people who read DIYnot discussion, that your views and vote for Brexit tipped the balance.

The referendum was over a year before I joined........I am sorry that ruins your sarcasm

People don't change their minds, we are programmed by choice supportive bias.

But the Tory govts spin, lies, blame game, gaslighting and dead cats will be rather overshadowed by reality, so next year will be interesting

Back