Toilet blocked with kitchen tissue's

Sponsored Links
So, next time our shared pipe blocks, the poo backs up, pushes the manhole cover off and flood our garage with liquid poo I can get them out to rod or jet it?

And it doesn't matter the house was built in 1960?

Thanks for the link.

•What you're responsible for – the pipes, gutters and drains in and around your home, including the drains from your property up to your boundary – if you have a problem with these, you'll need to call a plumber – but check your insurance first as you may be covered.

All the drains are within my boundary, including the pipe shared with next door, which is the pipe leaving the property to join the main sewer, which runs to the back of the house and even the main sewer which runs through our back garden... That's ambiguous - do they cover the drain or not?

Sponsored Links
but they are shared so not your responsibility
look at the illustration
the key is shared
look at the next paragragh
" Many of the shared drains where several property’s drains meet together before they join the public sewer – if you suspect that this is blocked, please contact us."

Ahh...Gotcha.

Bit slow today.

Scratch that.

Increasingly slow.

Every day.

;)

100% guaranteed that OP did not use the toilet/sink plunger properly.

1. Flush the toilet so that the water is filled in the pan,

2. Then get a good quality plunger with a longish handle.

3. Plunge the pan vigorously up and down and keep at it for a few seconds until the pan unblocks.

4. Very important, do not push the plunger in with all your mighty force in one go as this will only result in water splashing back out straight in your face, instead use smaller, more rapid in and out strokes. this sets the blockage loose, the return stroke helps to unwedge the blockage, the forward stroke probably helps to wedge it even harder, hence you won't unblock if you only push the plunger with a force.

Important to have water in the pan to act as a hydraulic ram, directing through water at the blockage, and you must move the plunger in and out very rapidly, be prepared to expect water to splash out and possibly cover your face if you want, wear goggles if necessary, and keep a towel handy in case too much water splashes out.

I guarantee that within less than 30 seconds your loo would unblocked.

I learnt this hard way myself and paid £80.00 Emergency call charge to a drain clearing company who I thought were going to turn up with high tech equipment, so when the door bell rang, I opened the door and the drain chief came in with a long handle plunger in his hand, and said where is the pan?

I showed him where the toilet was, he got there, flushed the toilet, and vigorously plunged the bottom of the pan and within 10 seconds everything was unblocked!

I was gobsmacked when he unblocked it in less than 10 seconds and I had to give him what we greed was going to be the cost £80.00.

Why does anyone think a bottle of bleach will clear a blockage?

MFM has come up with the most viable solution but another one to try is the plastic bag method.

Place a large plastic bag into the bowl and have it lapping up the sides and over the rim. Tape the overhang securely to the outside of the pan and along the edge where the cistern is located, so ensuring it is sealed all round. Grasp the inside of the bag where it sits near the water and, without piercing it with your finger nails, slowly try to draw the bag out of the pan. There will be quite a resistance so only pull it a short way before letting it go back down. Repeat this process a number of times and you will feel the resistance getting less and less. At this point pull the bag out as far as you can, without braking the seal, and flush the toilet/

I have done this a number of times, especially when my youngsters were very young, and it always works. The key is patience and a good seal all round.

Why does anyone think a bottle of bleach will clear a blockage?

MFM has come up with the most viable solution but another one to try is the plastic bag method.

Place a large plastic bag into the bowl and have it lapping up the sides and over the rim. Tape the overhang securely to the outside of the pan and along the edge where the cistern is located, so ensuring it is sealed all round. Grasp the inside of the bag where it sits near the water and, without piercing it with your finger nails, slowly try to draw the bag out of the pan. There will be quite a resistance so only pull it a short way before letting it go back down. Repeat this process a number of times and you will feel the resistance getting less and less. At this point pull the bag out as far as you can, without braking the seal, and flush the toilet/

I have done this a number of times, especially when my youngsters were very young, and it always works. The key is patience and a good seal all round.

I hesitate to ask, but what had they done? :eek:

Can't believe nobody has asked; blocked with kitchen tissue's what? Pedantry is going down the toilet these day's.

Once long ago, someone at our work let out a submarine turd, it sank to the bottom of the pan, and never shifted for weeks!

I had to fill a bucket of water and drop it in the pan from a height to get it shifted!

then of course there is the unsinkable floaters, that seem to evade flushing, and no matter how many times you flush it will roll back to surface! :LOL:

Once long ago, someone at our work let out a submarine turd, it sank to the bottom of the pan, and never shifted for weeks!

I had to fill a bucket of water and drop it in the pan from a height to get it shifted!

then of course there is the unsinkable floaters, that seem to evade flushing, and no matter how many times you flush it will roll back to surface! :LOL:

As someone who has also encountered such problems, I can tell you that piling a few reams of toilet paper on top and then flushing can remove the offending objects. Of course, you must be careful not to overdo it or you'd end up with the same problem as the OP!

For either problem, just get the Braun hand blender, a quick rinse and no one is any the wiser... ;)

For either problem, just get the Braun hand blender, a quick rinse and no one is any the wiser... ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm going to tell your wife! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back