Tony Blair is now Sir Tony.

I don't hate anyone, pointing out that Blair is a dishonest politician doesn't mean i hate him.
You pop up every time his name is mentioned

you don’t care about Iraq, it’s all about Irish politics.

Sponsored Links
So why did the Americans and the British go to such extraordinary lengths to fabricate a case for war.
It's obvious: A government wants to invade another country/topple the government/cause insurrection/ need a natural enemy (to encourage tribalism)/whatever, so they drip feed negative "news" to the masses over a period of time.
If this negative "news" is of 'misdeeds' of a natural enemy, the stories are not only easily believed but welcomed. Many will promote such hatred and anger against foreigners, etc. We see it often enough in this forum.

Why were the public in favour of toppling of Saddam at that time.
Because they'd been persuaded by negative propaganda and stories.

Saddam was a regional tinpot dictator and not a significant threat to the UK.
So with the propaganda and negative stories to exacerbate the natural enmity that had been created over time, something had to be concocted to create the illusion that he was more of a danger than he actually was.

When some people have a difference of opinion about A N Other, any excuse will do to channel their enmity, and promote their dislike.

Blairs behaviour in Ireland should have been a warning of what was to come.

Sponsored Links
Blairs behaviour in Ireland should have been a warning of what was to come.
Are you disagreeing with the Belfast Agreement/GFA?
There's been peace in Ireland for longer than the last twenty years.

how much violence has there been since 10th April 1998
The troubles had effectively ended before 1998.
The IRA was finished due to the actions of the security forces.
The Belfast agreement has now been weaponised by the EU to justify the N.I. Protocol.

you don’t care about Iraq, it’s all about Irish politics
Obviously you don't care very much either.
In your world 3 election wins trumps an illegal war and 1000's of innocent deaths.
You are a moral defective.

The troubles had effectively ended before 1998.
The IRA was finished due to the actions of the security forces.
History appears to prove you wrong.
The IRA reinstated their ceasefire in July 1997, as negotiations for the document that became known as the Good Friday Agreement began without Sinn Féin. In September of the same year Sinn Féin signed the Mitchell Principles and were admitted to the talks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

The Belfast agreement has now been weaponised by the EU to justify the N.I. Protocol.
Irrespective of your personal opinion of it, it was agreed and signed by Boris, on behalf of UK.

History appears to prove you wrong.
The IRA reinstated their ceasefire in July 1997, as negotiations for the document that became known as the Good Friday Agreement began without Sinn Féin. In September of the same year Sinn Féin signed the Mitchell Principles and were admitted to the talks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

Irrespective of your personal opinion of it, it was agreed and signed by Boris, on behalf of UK.
I am not stating an opinion, i am stating a fact.

In your world 3 election wins trumps an illegal war ...
There's been no court judgement on the legality of the war.
You could be of the opinion that it was immoral, unjustified, unethical, politically motivated, misguided, etc.
But as far as I'm aware, it wasn't illegal.

There's been no court judgement on the legality of the war.
You could be of the opinion that it was immoral, unjustified, unethical, politically motivated, misguided, etc.
But as far as I'm aware, it wasn't illegal.

The invasion of Iraq was neither in self-defense against armed attack nor sanctioned by UN Security Council resolution authorizing the use of force by member states and thus constituted the crime of war of aggression, according to the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) in Geneva.

The invasion of Iraq was neither in self-defense against armed attack nor sanctioned by UN Security Council resolution authorizing the use of force by member states and thus constituted the crime of war of aggression, according to the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) in Geneva.
There is another aspect. What if he did have weapons of mass destruction. What mass of people, Israel maybe or another oil state. Or was it an ideal time to invade due to sanctions. Those can make leaders unpopular. WOM's are a great example of effective uttering by wordsmiths.

There is another war fiasco going on at the moment. Afghanistan. All that time and deaths then negotiate with a none terrorist wing of the Taliban who do have what is needed to get shut of terrorists and keep levels down. Express surprise that they moved in quickly. That really is a joke. So the expected happened - Taliban in control so freeze the countries assets and shut of aid. No money so people can't buy things and food aid is now needed. The Taliban is currently managing food queues as always needed when food is that short. I wonder how many other haters of the west this will create over time. What has it all achieved really - very little. Much the same as when the Russians were in. Taliban took control and some terrorists moved in. Bin Laden had been shown on TV holding western weapons - what a great bloke when the Russians were there. Saddam the same when he was interfering with Iran. The other bogies are Russia and China.

Sponsored Links
Back