Towel Radiator valves - £150?! Help me find cheaper please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of buying a new bathroom and I want a towel radiator to go behind the bathroom door.

There's a 10cm space behind the door when open so the rad will fit fine but when I've gone to buy valves they stick out another 5cm+ and will hit the door.

Normal and angled valves are £20ish but the ones I really need are like this;

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalo...arch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=Feed1

Why the hell are they £150?? Does anyone know of cheaper/similar products where the valve will basically be flush with the towel rad?

Last resort is copper pipe through the wall and then bent at 90degree angle leading to a straight valve.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have probably misunderstood what you want but why cant you fit straight valves turned in underneath the rad ?

The rad will be wall mounted, I thought the idea of these chrome valves was they fit either flush to the wall or floor so there is no pipework showing.

Like a say last resort is pipework from the wall bent at 90 degree angle to a straight valve. I just dont see why the valves in my link are £130 dearer than normal ones!?

Sponsored Links
Once again, point taken! ;)

However, mine is usually covered in 'er indoors cax. Even bigger than a bath towel. :eek:

There are some similar-styled ones here for £20 if they'd be of any use?

Mathew

Wow exactly what I was after!! couldn't seem to find the right ones amongst all the normal straight & angled valves!!

Thanks MJN & Echoes, it will look alot neater with these.

They're certainly not the easiest of things to find online by virtue of a lack of suitable unique search words to use! I just happened to stumbled across them whilst browsing the Screwfix catalogue and recalled seeing your thread about them so decided to dig it out!

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back