Trade with EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true

We know it will impact trade, we don't know how much.

We know there will be years of negotiation and new treaties. We don't know how long they will take or what the result will be.

We know we will lose influence in Europe.

We know that with half our trade going to the EU, it will make a big difference to us. We know that with a much smaller proportion of EU exports coming to us, it is less important to them. Even though this is a point than some posters prefer to hide from.
I'll go with EFL John.

I don't think we KNOW anything.
Way too much supposition really.
All things in life are a calculated risk.

Sponsored Links
We know there will be years of negotiation and new treaties. We don't know how long they will take or what the result will be.
Do you think that trade between the UK and EU will stop whilst these treaties are negotiated? or do you think that the reality is that nothing will change?

We know we will lose influence in Europe.

I think that Mr Cameron has demonstrated quite clearly that we currently have very little influence whilst inside the EU and as it expands our share of that little influence diminishes (Europe is a continent by the way)

We know that with half our trade going to the EU, it will make a big difference to us. We know that with a much smaller proportion of EU exports coming to us, it is less important to them. Even though this is a point than some posters prefer to hide from.

But we will be free to trade elsewhere in the world, we can devalue Sterling to make British goods cheaper on the global market. Where will the EU offload tens of thousands of motor cars? Or will Hans and Karl find themselves laid off? The big manufacturers call the shots in the EU so tariffs are pretty unlikely... But the imposition of tariffs is what you are hanging your entire argument on

Sponsored Links
F&I (and whoever he was prior to F&I) is discussing the issue from a childlike perspective.
You're making wild, ludicrous and specious comments and claims without an attempt at validation from facts, figures, data, or support from political/commercial experts, (except for imaginary social media.) You're repeating previous discredited claims as though they'd never existed.

But we will be free to trade elsewhere in the world, we can devalue Sterling to make British goods cheaper on the global market.
If we devalue GBP it will make our imports more expensive. That's imports of raw materials to create our products that we then hope to export. We don't have all the required materials, nor can we produce them as cheaply as we can buy them in. Therefore, our products would become more expensive. It's a merry-go-round. In addition, we'd still have to buy so many products that we can't produce, so our cost of living will rise, which will in turn mean that we can buy fewer things, which means a down-turn in our economy, loss of tax revenue, loss of government spending, loss of infrastructure, etc.

Where will the EU offload tens of thousands of motor cars?
The answer is so simple: they'd be competing with us for increased market share. Except that we'd be looking for new markets, they'd be looking to increase market share with existing infrastructure, dealerships, servicing, parts, etc. Additionally, our exports will have then experienced a sudden hike in price compared to their exports.

The big manufacturers call the shots in the EU so tariffs are pretty unlikely...
The EU is not an isolated entity. It is a product of 28 national governments. For your assumption to be accurate and true, it must also apply to UK government. In which case Brexit is a foregone conclusion. We're staying in!
Additionally, we've already discussed why EU would apply their import tariffs. If you choose not to read it, or ignore it and refuse to respond, that's your problem. Like I said, you're discussing the issue from a child-like perspective, refusing to read or respond to the counter-arguments.

But the imposition of tariffs is what you are hanging your entire argument on
Nonsense. That argument has already been dismissed forcefully. If you haven't read the counter-argument, and are resorting to repetition, that's your problem.

Moreover, the only issue in the Brexit argument is immigration. There is no other justification for Brexit. Sadly, Brexit would exacerbate the immigration issue, not resolve it.

Anyway, not to worry, F&I will invariably resort to pictures from youtube before long. :rolleyes:

Who outside of the EU buys Renault cars?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's your intelligent response? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  • Renault is now present in 125 countries
  • Group sales worldwide: 2.7 million vehicles (2014)
  • 46% of the group's sales are made outside Western Europe
  • The five biggest markets of the group are: France, Brazil, Russia, Germany and Turkey (2014)
  • 2,712,432 vehicles sold worldwide by Renault in 2014
https://www.renault.co.uk/discover-renault/renault-globally.htm
I told you your approach is childlike!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wasn't F&I an Irish ferry company? You seem to be as paranoid as that other chap John

It seems that you are incapable of having one, you guys simply say the same thing over and over again getting more and more personal, then you type stuff that you find on the internet that supports your assertions and pretend that it is irrefutable truth.. It seems that you have lost the argument long ago, you just don't know it.
What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

Who outside of the EU buys Renault cars?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's your intelligent response? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  • Renault is now present in 125 countries
  • Group sales worldwide: 2.7 million vehicles (2014)
  • 46% of the group's sales are made outside Western Europe
  • The five biggest markets of the group are: France, Brazil, Russia, Germany and Turkey (2014)
  • 2,712,432 vehicles sold worldwide by Renault in 2014
https://www.renault.co.uk/discover-renault/renault-globally.htm
I told you your approach is childlike!:ROFLMAO:
That is a nonsense. Renault cannot sell to Russia today so they are not telling the truth. Some countries have Renault agents yet sell a handful of cars a year, so the data is inaccurate... You post propaganda and claim it is truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back