Trade with EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applies to all.

upload_2016-3-17_15-7-2.png

I keep trying to get across the fact that everything is what people THINK may happen.

No one KNOWS; not even Himmy.

Sponsored Links
And we haven't given a thought to all those UK citizens who may be forced to return, requiring accommodation, medical care, etc.
Don't forget, most will have sold their homes to live in EU. But when they're forced to sell up abroad, their cash in hand will be insufficient to buy anywhere in UK, well anywhere reasonable.

Scaremongering at best,,, A load of dogs dangly bits at worst.
And that's your best counter-argument?:?::?::?:
Let me ask you: pretend you're a pensioner. You've sold up in UK to buy somewhere, downsized in a sunny climate. You're now dependent on free medical care, free prescriptions, perhaps even some care in the home. You can't afford private medical insurance or bills. Currently Council tax, food, travel is cheaper. If you smoke and/or drink a bit that's also cheaper. Income tax is less. There's help with taxis for older rural, non-car owning pensioners. There's free TV licence, no heating bills to worry about.
BUT, EU rescinds the agreement of reciprocal medical care arrangements with UK. You're forced to sell up and return to UK due to your reliance on free medical care, etc. Perhaps the recognition of UK wills, etc is rescinded. Mutual recognition of income tax paid in UK is reconsidered.
What would you do?

Call it whatever you like. It's a possibility in the event of Brexit. Don't forget EU will want to make it extremely hard and unlikely for anyone else to consider an exit.

Last edited:
Applies to all.

View attachment 95553

I keep trying to get across the fact that everything is what people THINK may happen.

No one KNOWS; not even Himmy.
You're correct. But at least our conjecture is based on real data, real experienced opinions, real possibilities.

And it's fun to demolish the Brexiters dreams.:D

Sponsored Links
You're correct. But at least our conjecture is based on real data, real experienced opinions, real possibilities.
Not really. It is ALL biased in favour of the wishes of the authors.

And it's fun to demolish the Brexiters dreams.:D
You cannot do that because no one knows what will happen; it's not happened before.

Anyway - you cannot demolish a dream.

BUT, EU rescinds the agreement of reciprocal medical care arrangements with EU.
Do you really think all foreign residents, including Europeans here, will be deported?
I didn't say that. When I was using the "word" forced, i was referring to UK ex-pats. When I used the word "forced" I meant by circumstances, not by deportation.
I think that was obvious when viewed in context.

I didn't say that. When I was using the "word" forced, i was referring to UK ex-pats. When I used the word "forced" I meant by circumstances, not by deportation.
I think that was obvious when viewed in context.
Fair enough, it may have been.

However, if they don't, and aren't forced to, return, are they going to be left suffering at the hospital steps - here and in Europe.

Anyway, the only reciprocal arrangement is that the original country pays for the treatment, isn't it?
Why would that, or anything else, be stopped as it works both ways?

Remember Renaults don't like the heat very much and are too complicated and fragile for many third world countries
That's must be why they're so popular in Brazil and Turkey.:rolleyes:
No, they are popular because they are cheap. In the case of Turkey, they are heavily discounted to establish a solid dealer base for when Turkey joins the EU

Your data was from 2014, so it is way out of date and irrelevant, they don't sell to Russia anymore and the number of sales you quote are world wide sales, not sales outside of the EU. Propaganda Sir, Propaganda. And you swallow it

Who outside of the EU buys Renault cars?
That has nothing to do with the UK resigning from the EU.
It has everything to do with the UK leaving the EU. We buy a lot of their cars. What do you think that the massive corporation that is Renault will say when we raise import tariffs on their products in retaliation to them raising tariffs on our modest exports? Where else in the world will they dispose of that quantity of vehicles to keep their employees in work? Remember Renaults don't like the heat very much and are too complicated and fragile for many third world countries
Are you trying to tell us that out of all the cars Renault sells, the number they sell to the UK will reduce by such a lot if the UK resigns from the EU, that Renault will somehow persuade the 27 countries to cut a deal that is more in the UK's favour, and less advantageous to the EU as a whole?

It seems a far-fetched fantasy to me.

Explain the logic that brought you to this conclusion.

Are you in favour of England becoming independent of Scotland, Wales and NI?
In what sense? Leaving the United Kingdom altogether, or becoming much more independent within the United Kingdom? I certainly think there is scope for the latter, for the benefit of not only England but also of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Leaving the rUK. Hence my use of the word "Independent" rather than "devolved."

Remember Renaults don't like the heat very much and are too complicated and fragile for many third world countries
That's must be why they're so popular in Brazil and Turkey.:rolleyes:
No, they are popular because they are cheap. In the case of Turkey, they are heavily discounted to establish a solid dealer base for when Turkey joins the EU
You don't like the fact that the figures destroy your argument so you make up some stupid excuse why the figures have destroyed your argument. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
utterly pathetic.

Your data was from 2014, so it is way out of date and irrelevant, they don't sell to Russia anymore and the number of sales you quote are world wide sales, not sales outside of the EU.
2014 European Renault sales figures:
http://left-lane.com/european-car-sales-data/renault/
Now can you subtract 872,486 from the world wide figures? Probably not. :ROFLMAO:

Propaganda Sir, Propaganda. And you swallow it
You really are a very tedious plonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back