Train horns

I live 800 yards from the Midland Mainline and hear horns during the day. The trains just passing through and not stopping will (9 times out of 10) sound their horns on their approach. One also sounded it when passing through the station and left my ears ringing for half an hour... I also hear the gorgeous sound of the Class 37 engines slapping off the side of houses. There used to be a pedestrian crossing operated by a gate onto the track and that had 'whistle' signs up, but it was converted to an underpass around 1998-ish.

At night we never hear horns and it gets surprisingly quiet

Sponsored Links
I have just heard one sound it's horn on approach to the station, it was a goods train, carrying ballast by the sound of it.

Sponsored Links
WHen ah were a lad, I listened out for the midnight oil tanker train. If the wind was right I could count the wagons as they went over an unlevel crossing - about a mile away. 32 was the most I counted.....

I'm asking myself the same question.
I wonder why all these immigrants want to come and live here, including me :unsure:
All probably have different combinations of reasons, when I was in Australia living in a migrant hostel everyone had various reasons, two guys nearly came to blows when one said it was to get away from the unions, the other was a shop steward who was escaping Thatcher, anothers business had gone to the wall and left his partner to clear up the mess, someone else was escaping immigrants, so became one himself, myriad reasons.

All probably have different combinations of reasons, when I was in Australia living in a migrant hostel everyone had various reasons, two guys nearly came to blows when one said it was to get away from the unions, the other was a shop steward who was escaping Thatcher, anothers business had gone to the wall and left his partner to clear up the mess, someone else was escaping immigrants, so became one himself, myriad reasons.
Or...
They come from crap places no work, high level of criminality, lots of taxes to pay and corruption in the lead...
So they come to Britain where effectively things are not bad at all, especially for immigrants.

Or...
They come from crap places no work, high level of criminality, lots of taxes to pay and corruption in the lead...
So they come to Britain where effectively things are not bad at all, especially for immigrants.
Or are well qualified people that fill jobs in industry, NHS, etc, like I said myriad reasons

Sponsored Links
Back