Turkey please help us stop the migrant crisis.....

Whether the problems are down to the
As I've said several times before - the EU will backtrack, fudge and lie if it suits its purpose.

And, by-the-way, you don't listen to Gideon - he's as bad as the rest.
Cyprus is hardly likely to agree either, nor is Germany.
It's got nothing to do with the EU. It's the individual countries head, in the European Council, that decides whether to veto or not.
So what you really mean is: "the countries will backtrack, fudge and lie if it suits its purpose."
Are you going to suggest that no-one can be trusted? In which case why isn't Turkey already in the EU? Or can they be trusted at the moment but not at some point in the future? :rolleyes:
You seem to be convinced we've elected lying evil dictators.

If it's down to individual countries, what is the point of the EU?

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the Bear will have at the Turk soon enough then the problems will all be over
The Bear won't; it's content to let the Turkish threat to the EU fester. Along with the migrant crisis caused by their bombing campaign, they are trying - and succeeding in some ways - to destabilize Europe.
Trouble is, with our shopping malls and leisure centres, Europe as a whole has become soft and flabby, and is really no match for the Erdogans and Putins of this world.
Look at it this way: Erdogan ran rings around the 28 EU leaders last week - he's a shrewd operator. Yet our spineless, gutless apology for a PM spent months jetting all over Europe, and ends up with -- nothing. Imagine Cameron dealing with Erdogan - no, it doesn't bear thinking about - Sam would have to wipe his tears away.

Last edited:
We've offered you three billion now you want another three billion and you want us go speed up your entry in to the EU you can have anything you want because we haven't got a clue what to do ..........

Oh but if you join us in the EU then 75 million of you can then come here too ! And you're a Muslim country

Isn't it strange how all the Muslims want to come to the ungodly West

ANOTHER REASON TO GET OUT OF THE PATHETIC EU
:LOL::LOL: And the Brexit-ers have the nerve to accuse the Remain-ers of scare-mongering.
At least those campaigning to REMAIN base their projections on real data, probable scenarios, historical examples, factual investigation.
What is the scare-mongering, and only plank in the campaign, of the Brexit-ers based on (as it always has been) inundation of immigrants!
Turkey wants the EU to accept a recognised Syrian refugee, and offer more funding and progress on EU integration.
is what Turkey wants.
preparations for a decision on the opening of new chapters in talks on EU membership for Turkey
is what Turkey has accepted.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35749837
Now we know from experience that Turkey has wanted into the EU since 1964 (Newsnight last night form a Turkish MP), (but Wikipedia suggests 1959) has been seriously negotiating since about 1999. In that time, one chapter (out of 35) has been completed and 8 of those chapters remain frozen:
European officials have commented on the slowdown in Turkish reforms which, combined with the Cyprus problem, led the EU’s Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn in March 2007 to warn of an impeding ‘train crash’ in the negotiations. Due to these setbacks, negotiations again came to a halt in December 2006, with the EU freezing talks in 8 of the 35 key areas under negotiation.

So if anyone thinks that Turkey is likely to accede any time soon, think again, seriously.
If Turkey takes no action over the migrants, it is going to completely derail Turkey's application.
Even if Turkey does not renege on the deal, it still has tremendous amount of reform to process,and the completion of the remaining 34 chapters.
The EU has only agreed to preparations on the re-opening of some of those chapters!
Not quite Himmy. The EU are prepared to grant Turks the freedom to travel throughout Europe without visas in a few months. Nothing to do with Turkey joining the EU http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/turkey-is-blackmailing-the-eu/

The problem, however, is that Turkey is being offered more than money. The EU, in its desperation, says that within a few months it will offer Turkey’s 77 million citizens the ability to travel to any of its 28 member states without the need for a visa.
I wonder how many will land on our shores ??

We've offered you three billion now you want another three billion and you want us go speed up your entry in to the EU you can have anything you want because we haven't got a clue what to do ..........

Oh but if you join us in the EU then 75 million of you can then come here too ! And you're a Muslim country

:LOL::LOL: And the Brexit-ers have the nerve to accuse the Remain-ers of scare-mongering.
At least those campaigning to REMAIN base their projections on real data, probable scenarios, historical examples, factual investigation.
What is the scare-mongering, and only plank in the campaign, of the Brexit-ers based on (as it always has been) inundation of immigrants!
Turkey wants the EU to accept a recognised Syrian refugee, and offer more funding and progress on EU integration.
is what Turkey wants.
preparations for a decision on the opening of new chapters in talks on EU membership for Turkey
Now we know from experience that Turkey has wanted into the EU since 1964 (Newsnight last night form a Turkish MP), (but Wikipedia suggests 1959) has been seriously negotiating since about 1999. In that time, one chapter (out of 35) has been completed and 8 of those chapters remain frozen:
European officials have commented on the slowdown in Turkish reforms which, combined with the Cyprus problem, led the EU’s Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn in March 2007 to warn of an impeding ‘train crash’ in the negotiations. Due to these setbacks, negotiations again came to a halt in December 2006, with the EU freezing talks in 8 of the 35 key areas under negotiation.

So if anyone thinks that Turkey is likely to accede any time soon, think again, seriously.
If Turkey takes no action over the migrants, it is going to completely derail Turkey's application.
Even if Turkey does not renege on the deal, it still has tremendous amount of reform to process,and the completion of the remaining 34 chapters.
The EU has only agreed to preparations on the re-opening of some of those chapters!
Not quite Himmy. The EU are prepared to grant Turks the freedom to travel throughout Europe without visas in a few months. Nothing to do with Turkey joining the EU http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/turkey-is-blackmailing-the-eu/

The problem, however, is that Turkey is being offered more than money. The EU, in its desperation, says that within a few months it will offer Turkey’s 77 million citizens the ability to travel to any of its 28 member states without the need for a visa.
First of all, let's see if it happens.
Secondly, we're not in the Schengen Agreement, so please explain how it will affect us. We control our borders, (well in a fashion)
Thirdly, an awful lot of countries have visa free access to UK, e.g. the majority of overseas territories and previous commonwealth countries, etc. It doesn't allow them residential rights, or the right to work, etc. (Although I believe those born prior to 1990, or thereabouts do have the right to residency and work)
Finally, it only allows a limited period of time in UK, something like 90 days in any 180 days, or something like that.

So give over the attempt at scaremongering. Otherwise I'm going to call you a hypocrite!

Sponsored Links

is what Turkey wants.

Secondly, we're not in the Schengen Agreement, so please explain how it will affect us. We control our borders, (well in a fashion)
Thirdly, an awful lot of countries have visa free access to UK, e.g. the majority of overseas territories and previous commonwealth countries, etc. It doesn't allow them residential rights, or the right to work, etc. (Although I believe those born prior to 1990, or thereabouts do have the right to residency and work)
Finally, it only allows a limited period of time in UK, something like 90 days in any 180 days, or something like that.

So give over the attempt at scaremongering. Otherwise I'm going to call you a hypocrite!

First of all, these Turks will have a visa from the EU, allowing the freedom to move through the EU (yep we're still part of the EU) Or do you think Merkel, Junkers etc, are just going to give them visas allowing only travel on mainland Europe? "We control our borders, (well in a fashion) " Hmmmm not where the EU comes in. (remember the bit about the EU giving the Turks a visa?)

You don't actually know the "limited time" these people are allowed to legally be here in the UK ?? Shame on you Himmy, I'd have thought you'd at least have had a quality link to .gov sources (or is google not working for you today?)

You accuse me of "scaremongering"?? What on earth do you think the government is doing with "Project Fear" (as it's known in the media) Oh yes,, I hear Camoron say "If we leave the EU, there'll be mass unemployment, because gazillions of jobs are dependant on EU membership." "It will cost us £billions in the long run because I, your elected PM, have a crystal ball and can see far into the future. " "Pensioners will suffer, Ex Pats living in France and Spain won't get their pensions." "British manufacturing will stop, because the EU won't buy anything British ."

Yep Project Fear is certainly pulling your strings, you puppet.

is what Turkey wants.

First of all, these Turks will have a visa from the EU, allowing the freedom to move through the EU (yep we're still part of the EU) Or do you think Merkel, Junkers etc, are just going to give them visas allowing only travel on mainland Europe? "We control our borders, (well in a fashion) " Hmmmm not where the EU comes in. (remember the bit about the EU giving the Turks a visa?)
You don't know yet what the visa conditions will be, so you are simply assuming the worst case scenario, as usual.
Because we control the borders we know when they come in and we know when they should leave, if it includes UK.

You don't actually know the "limited time" these people are allowed to legally be here in the UK ?? Shame on you Himmy, I'd have thought you'd at least have had a quality link to .gov sources (or is google not working for you today?)
You can't find out the details about something which does not yet exist. it's simply conjecture.

You accuse me of "scaremongering"?? What on earth do you think the government is doing with "Project Fear" (as it's known in the media) Oh yes,, I hear Camoron say "If we leave the EU, there'll be mass unemployment, because gazillions of jobs are dependant on EU membership." "It will cost us £billions in the long run because I, your elected PM, have a crystal ball and can see far into the future. " "Pensioners will suffer, Ex Pats living in France and Spain won't get their pensions." "British manufacturing will stop, because the EU won't buy anything British ."
Nearly the whole of British industry is advising to REMAIN. Why do you think that may be?
You’ve all probably read about how ‘Brexit’ will affect the automotive industry and how the majority of manufacturers seemingly supporting the ‘in’ vote, but how will it effect you (the motorist)?
http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=motoring-140316

Ahh, yes, cost of cars will go up, cost of servicing and parts will go up, cost of fuel will go up, cost of insurance will go up.
Do you think that it's all scaremongering? Or perhaps it's rationale argument whcih you don't agree with so you describe it as scaremongering.

Tell me again what other facets of the Brexit argument there are beside immigration. :rolleyes: You were so quick to claim there were other facets, but we've yet to see them.

How do you know all these things?
Are we into the silly questions lark?

Just keep up with current news.
Just taking one 'thing'. The visa aspect is not yet sorted, i.e. it doesn't yet exist.
At a summit earlier this week, the chancellor promoted a last-minute draft of the deal ......

Ms Merkel still needs to complete that deal at another summit at the end of this week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35802844
Now:
upload_2016-3-14_15-48-46.jpeg

I am just amazed how you manage to state categorically how future things will be yet utterly dismiss anyone who disagrees with you.
Your links are the truth and everyone else's are rubbish.

I used to know someone who always answered questions with the utmost confidence whilst being wrong.
Quite comical.

Nearly the whole of British industry is advising to REMAIN. Why do you think that may be?
Two thirds wasn't it?
Could they be more interested in cheap labour for their own ends rather than the best for the country?

I am just amazed how you manage to state categorically how future things will be yet utterly dismiss anyone who disagrees with you.
Your links are the truth and everyone else's are rubbish.
The outstanding difference is my opinions are supported by links to experienced, learned, notable sources.
jock's are either completely irrelevant to the point he can't say why he listed them, or he reads into them something which simply isn't there.

Two thirds wasn't it?
An overwhelming majority of some of the biggest companies in Britain and Europe are against Brexit, a survey backed by one of the City’s most influential fund managers has found.
More than two thirds believe leaving the European Union will have a negative impact on their business, while just one in 50 says it will be positive,
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-of-companies-want-britain-to-stay-in-the-eu/
So more than 66% compared to 2%. The rest are undecided or don't wish to say.
Could they be more interested in cheap labour for their own ends rather than the best for the country?
Could be, could just as easily be not! Pure speculation.

Just keep up with current news.
Something you seem to have the ability to either avoid or ignore when it suits you. We've all posted links to items on many media sites, which you pooh pooh
Yeah, completely irrelevant items or you're incapable of explaining why you listed them:
Are you going to admit you had no idea what point you were trying to make, You thought you saw something which would support your argument, but as usual, you didn't read it properly.
Have you got the integrity and sincerity to admit you didn't know what you were talking about?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/t...whose-in-control.453931/page-14#ixzz42tyzJj71

The outstanding difference is my opinions are supported by links to experienced, learned, notable sources.
As are everyone else's links Himmy. Like .gov websites. By Christ, "Project Fear" has you hook line and sinker.

PS, How do you know when David Camoron is lying?? He opens his mouth and speaks. :LOL::LOL:

As are everyone else's links Himmy. Like .gov websites.
There's nothing wrong with your links. There's nothing wrong with the data or information contained in them.
It's just you misreading them, distorting the information that's there, not reading them at all, or having no idea why you linked to it in the first place.

If it's down to individual countries, what is the point of the EU?
In case you haven't noticed the EU is not an entity on its own. It is comprised of 28 countries.
The European Council is comprised of the heads of the constituent nations. They're the ones that have the veto, if they decide to use it.
Of course if UK exits EU, we'll no longer have the veto. Only Germany will be as big as, or have as much clout as Turkey, if Turkey eventually accedes.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back