two appliances from one FCU

bb1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently I have one high level 13A plug socket to which I need to connect a wall mounted TV and some speakers. As it is a slimline TV a plug placed in the socket takes up just a bit too much room. Could I replace the plug socket with an FCU and runs both appliances from this?

Cheers,

Brian

Sponsored Links
If both the speakers and TV have the same size fuse in the plug you might be able to.

But what a pain in the arse to have to wire an appliance in at that height.

You should use a switched FCU if you do.

Try looking for a slimline plug.

If both the speakers and TV have the same size fuse in the plug you might be able to.

But what a pain in the a**e to have to wire an appliance in at that height.

You should use a switched FCU if you do.

Try looking for a slimline plug.

Thanks for that.

If I got I plug would I be able to wire both appliances into the one plug (as there is only one socket) as there is not enough roomf or a conventional socket adapter.

Brian

Sponsored Links
You can connect 2 flexes to one plug, but only if both flexes are the same shape and size.

If they are different sizes, or one is flat and one round, it won't be possible to secure them in the flex grip properly.

• Thanks
Reactions: bb1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back