Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right

Sponsored Links
I am not surprised some feel that their own justice is necessary, although it's not my POV.

However, I am surprised that some say it depends what the "crime" is as to whether they would take the law into their own hands or not.

I think some have too much testosterone if they would consider a physical punishment against the person (or property of someone) who they felt had said something to displease them.

I can understand that..you cant have a law of the street system that says...ten punches to the head and one kick in the ging gangs for theft of a cd player...sixteen punches to the head three kicks in the ging gangs and four stamps for a cd player with speakers...dragged down the motorway tied to the back of a fast car for theft of the whole car etc....but until the public are wholly satisfied with the justice system over here then they will take the law into their own hands.

Like the piece of filth that burgled my daughter..even the police knew he did it..but couldnt nail him..but the final of big brother was on that night in all fairness... :rolleyes:

They offered him a caution in return for the stuff..that isnt justice...thats a 'better luck next time chummy'..

Justice would have been a couple of years inside...its not the OB's fault that limp wristed judges are under pressure not to band people up..they must get frustrated after doing all the hard work only to see people let off.

After I found out he wasnt going to be touched..I wanted to deal with him myself..justice would have been a thoroughly good kicking..hes three cars ruined on a regualr basis...I would have felt the same even if the courts had let him off

In short I wanted him to suffer and not walk away laughing..

Until the courts hand out sentences that fit the crime then people will always feel like this..

A few years ago he would have had it...now..older wiser and I have responsibilities...

So he got lucky twice IMO

But id laugh my head of if I heard he had had a nasty accident or OD'ed on the drugs...

One less piece of vermin to worry about.

I sympathise, I really do. And I've been the victim of many a crime over the years, ranging from theft to gbh.

However, one cannot take the law into ones own hands ( I am using "one" not to sound like Prince Charles, but to get away from saying "you" and making it sound personal).

If one were to do that, society very quickly would break down. We have to accept laws or campaign for change.

I am equally appalled at what criminals get away with.

I am extremely frustrated that it seems the criminal gets better treatment than the victim.

Crime seems so commonplace today and punishments so lax that change will be forced sooner or later, otherwise there will be a huge public outcry.

I don't think jailing criminals is necessarily the answer, though. Putting them to hard (and I mean hard) work for public gain is one option that springs to mind.

Or giving them a taste of their own medicine is another.

If a person hits you then they should be expecting to be hit back. (and we have a right to do this)

if a person steals from you then they should expect to have their own valuables taken away from them.

If a person damages your car then they should expect their car to be equally damaged in return.

and so on.

Do some hard work? ha! they get out of stuff like this so easily, not doing work is the reason why lots of them are like they are in the first place.

Sponsored Links
As joe90 said, bring back the birch, along with some proper discipline/guidelines/laws as to a persons rights and responsibilities, and a lot of the present problems would be things of the past. It must happen eventually, it's just a question of how bad things have to get before there is a general consensus of opinion in favour.

If a person hits you then they should be expecting to be hit back. (and we have a right to do this)

if a person steals from you then they should expect to have their own valuables taken away from them.

If a person damages your car then they should expect their car to be equally damaged in return.

and so on.

No, no, no!!!

You only have a right to hit back in self defence & TO USE REASONABLE FORCE ONLY.

As for all the other stuff, that's tit for tat & it is plain wrong.

Why do you think Israel & Palestine are bombing the sh*t out of each other still?

An eye for an eye does NOT work...

The don't take the law into your own hands only works if the punishment is seen to be sufficient for the crime. Last 3 days saw a case where 2 yobs got 3 years for manslaughter, attacked a man who fell over and banged his head, subsequently died. His life is over, they will do 18 months of the 'sentence' and come out and carry on. If i was a relative i'd be waiting for them. If the citizen has to hand over his desire for retribution to the state and be subject to the law then the citizen has to have confidence that the law will protect him and his and at present the law is not fulfilling its side of the bargain.

I remember a thug killed a young girl during a rape and he was given 10 years in prison but because of some screw up he was let out in less then 8 months.

Someone in Oklahoma decided to make things right and use a shot gun to send the rapist to his maker.

No one was ever tried for the justice OOPS I mean crime.

One thing I did learn during my police training a shot gun leaves no ballistics and DO NOT use a semi auto unless your take the spent cartridges away with you ( No one likes a litter bug (rubbish left behind)

Some crimes deserve retribution if the laws do not do the right thing and most petty ones like a thief I would not bother going after.

To many lives are lost from a drunk drivers who have been caught more then once.

A bastard in NYC just ran down a traffic agent and she was pregnant she died of her injuries and they managed to do a C section and save the infant.

The bum who murdered her had no drivers license as it was revoked years ago for drunk driving and he already had over 23 convictions.

Manslaughter or murder?? I guess if your his family he is a victim as a drunk is not responsible society sold him the booze and car.

If your the husband of the woman murdered then I think he would like to see the death sentence used as this way he can never be a repeat offender.

The only reason prisons are over crowded is murders are not put down like the rabid dogs they are so society has to feed and house them and give them free medical and dental.

The family of the victim pays taxes that take care of the blokes who killed a member of their family GOT TO LOVE "CIVILIZED" Societies that have more compassion for the criminal then the victims and their family.

securespark";p="990532 said:

and so on.

No, no, no!!!

Then Israel should turn the other cheek as they have buses, schools, hospitals bombed?

I wonder if you support idiot Chamberlain "Peace in our time" you would be speaking German now?

Seems you have a memory loss of how Saddam sent missiles to Israel after he was asked nicely to leave Kuwait.

I think your right. forget fighting speak to your parliament about not only disarming all the citizens but the military also.

This way no one will get hurt when they come to your shores to take over instead of waiting to take over slowly by entering England and then having a majority in voting.

Be like the French lay down your arms before the war actually starts

Be like the French lay down your arms before the war actually starts

Fool

Do you honestly believe such a thing ever happened (if so, you are ignorant)

Or are you just spouting a deliberate lie (out of racial prejudice)

Sylvan,

Your posts always seem to make sense,but you spoil it again by a silly statement, as johnd pointed out,also your previous post was ok till........
The only reason prisons are over crowded is murders are not put down like the rabid dogs they are so society has to feed and house them and give them free medical and dental.

Not all are guilty, are they? history shows this.

lets spice this up a bit....

if a wasp lands on your arm and stings you.. what do you do?
a. swat it quckly?
b. get an old jamjar and move the wasp away from any humans so it can't make the same mistake again?

if a gang bursts into your house in the night, tie you up at gunpoint, and drag your 13 yr old daughter by the hair to the next room and make you listen to three of the masked men rape her.. do you
a. accept the judges sentence of 18 months suspended?
b. tie the culprits up and pour petrol on them and watch them burn?

lets spice this up a bit....

if a wasp lands on your arm and stings you.. what do you do?
a. swat it quckly?
b. get an old jamjar and move the wasp away from any humans so it can't make the same mistake again?

if a gang bursts into your house in the night, tie you up at gunpoint, and drag your 13 yr old daughter by the hair to the next room and make you listen to three of the masked men rape her.. do you
a. accept the judges sentence of 18 months suspended?
b. tie the culprits up and pour petrol on them and watch them burn?

and the sentence is for you, say 15, the rest of your family then feels the pain.the main man has gone.

here's one for you, Martian

If a wasp stings you, do you follow it back to its nest, and hit the nest repeatedly with a stick until the wasps learn their lesson and become peaceful?

here's one for you, Martian

If a wasp stings you, do you follow it back to its nest, and hit the nest repeatedly with a stick until the wasps learn their lesson and become peaceful?

no! but i suspect most of us would kill the wasp that stung you !!!

Sponsored Links
Back