UK Covid Deaths etc. *Links required please, for any claims

Hi John, you won’t get intelligent debate about Covid in GD, it’s infested with conspiracist nutters.
I know. That's why I wrote above ...
I don't participate (or wish to participate) in this forum to which this thread has been moved. If anyone wants to say anything to me about this topic, please communicate with me by PM.
It was the mods, not me, who moved the discussion to GD!
... I would just add one point to your posts:
If you 'preferences' allow it, I'll respoind to your comments by PM.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Restrictions are being lifted because the NHS can cope. If anyone thinks the previous waves were faked, go talk to a hospital porter or A&E doctor. I’ve heard plenty of anecdotal reports.

what we will see, is the vaccine refusers will benefit from those who took the jabs, purely because the vaccinated are far less likely to need hospital treatment than the unvaccinated. Therefore, the nhs can cope with the 20-30k, who will likely need hospital care from covid.

I’ve heard plenty of anecdotal reports.
'anecdotal reports'?

Well here's another 'anecdotal report'...

I've had to spare quite a bit of time at our local hospital recently due to a (non 'virus' related) illness affecting one of my parents...

Whilst whiling away the time conversations were had, and maybe it's just our area but the staff were saying it wasn't as big as problem as was reported...

But they did say that because of staff shortages and cancelled consultations they expect a wave of other illnesses that the NHS certainly won't be able to cope with...

Choose whichever 'anecdote' you wish to believe :)

Sponsored Links
Hard to keep up with all the threads about COvid.

Anyway, The tide is very definitely turning.
The Covid party is coming to an end. (i use the term loosly tbh).
I thought the DR John vid to be rather alarming and it seems he was equally alarmed at the data.

I wonder now what the backlash will be?

There will be one.

Restrictions are being lifted because the NHS can cope. If anyone thinks the previous waves were faked, go talk to a hospital porter or A&E doctor. I’ve heard plenty of anecdotal reports.

Cope in a sense. The 20k+ peak in meant shutting off all but emergency services and has extended the back log of routine work yet again. This peak was also limited via interventions. The levels turned out to be about 50% of those seen last Jan. Isn't modelling wonderful. Staff have been stressed yet again and many not working in the areas they usually do. Some feel that they are being taken for granted. There has been resignations.

what we will see, is the vaccine refusers will benefit from those who took the jabs, purely because the vaccinated are far less likely to need hospital treatment than the unvaccinated. Therefore, the nhs can cope with the 20-30k, who will likely need hospital care from covid.

True plus the unjabbed who caught it and survived irrespective of needing a hospital have been jabbed with the real thing. Same for those that catch it and have been jabbed. So along comes talk of no need to isolate when people catch covid. That phase isn't all that far off in time. I assume some testing will continue so they can keep an eye on what the virus is doing. More jabs. I'd suspect so. In fact one group may need another booster. Those that had 2 Az to start may be in a funny situation unless they know what one Pf as well does. Other than in hospital people generally only die once. :( Always make me think covid culls.

Next Thursday. The BBC messaging has been clearer than some other sources, People advised to wear masks in crowded places. Not the same as no masks any more. It seems that as far as transport goes they will be required in London. There are plenty who know about this area who feel Thursday is too soon. This means we are in a lets find out situation again if they are correct as often happens. I would assume with a high probability that the change wont cause serious problems. I'd suspect the approach is self limiting on hospital entries over some period of time. Usually there is a lull after any sort of lockdown. ;) Wont take long to find out.

I thought the DR John vid to be rather alarming and it seems he was equally alarmed at the data.
Without wishing to get tied up in any arguments - as someone living with a comorbidity - diabetes - with an estimated 6% of the population having it and some non-uk studies suggesting 45% of a population may have at least one comorbidity
( https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20043919v1 ); I was sad to see that Dr. John didn't make a clear distinction.

It has been clear that this is a virus that has struck the vulnerable hard.
Is it such a stretch to assume most of those that have died, have had comorbidities?

It has been clear that this is a virus that has struck the vulnerable hard.
Is it such a stretch to assume most of those that have died, have had comorbidities?
It is interesting that those clamouring for multiple jabs have failed to mention the following...

"Antimicrobial resistance now a leading cause of death worldwide, study finds"

"The analysis shows AMR was directly responsible for an estimated 1.27million deaths worldwide, and associated with an estimated 4.95 million deaths, in 2019"

So is that of AMR or with AMR?

But what it finally does appear to show is that overuse of medication has a serious affect on the immune system, and allows the 'nasty stuff' to adapt more readily...

Jabbers will of course believe in their regular 'fixes', but time will probably tell a different story!

Not a stretch. A doctor friend in a London hospital described most covid patients as being obese with related health problems.
But, sometimes otherwise totally healthy people die too.

Not a stretch. A doctor friend in a London hospital described most covid patients as being obese with related health problems.
But, sometimes otherwise totally healthy people die too.

And conversely, what one prescribes for unhealthy people should not be prescribed for the healthy.

I think this is the axis about which this whole covid thing revolves.
The weak minded and bodied have enforced their own prescription upon the strong minded and bodied.

The tail has been waging the dog.

And conversely, what one prescribes for unhealthy people should not be prescribed for the healthy.

Of course it should, it's also about stopping the healthy spreading it to the unhealthy.

Of course it should, it's also about stopping the healthy spreading it to the unhealthy.

No.

It is about reducing the impact of Covid to society as much as possible.

That has both positive and negative consequences for it's citizens depending on their particular situation.

It is about reducing the impact of Covid to society as much as possible.

If we didn't lockdown, social distance or develop a vaccine, it would have had a much worse impact on society, the economy, jobs, and business.

Sponsored Links
Back