using british gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offence i am not bg engineer or ever have been
but seriously stop calling them names as it pointless
it not their fault bg can not put advert together what tells the truth
and i think if that is the case asa should fine bg and give that money to me :evil:

Sponsored Links
gas man gaz
times change ya know, i do whatever is implemented at the time on our patch. at that time we wouldn't carry out the repair, now we do!!! good times eh

Glad to here your sm is not now telling you to rip people off any more.

Whats changed? Been caught manipulating the figures has he. :rolleyes:

have ya got any more quotes for me then

No.

my last job today was a 89 yr old lass who lives on her own with a water leak. get there to find its a magnaclean (not fitted by us) leaking from the lid. cust had already had a plumber out because she assumed it wouldn't be on the heating side. plumber told her where the leak was, refused to repair as it "may affect her cover with bg" and charged her a 100 quid!
that is ripping someone off, refusing a repair and not charging isn't :confused:

The biggest misconception I can see in this thread is that the FPR for BG is swings and roundabouts because of the high cost of some parts they sometimes lose out? Think again! Have you ever seen what BG pay for these parts? They've got the whole industry wrapped around their finger. That hex might be £400 retail but BG probably pay about £60 add your £30 wages to replace it and they're still quids in. They only pay £230 for a boiler, £4 for a COD, £8 for pumps. Swings, swings and more swings ;)

The entire tread was funny but this tops it all, are you BG's accountant? or were all these all a guess?

The biggest misconception I can see in this thread is that the FPR for BG is swings and roundabouts because of the high cost of some parts they sometimes lose out? Think again! Have you ever seen what BG pay for these parts? They've got the whole industry wrapped around their finger. That hex might be £400 retail but BG probably pay about £60 add your £30 wages to replace it and they're still quids in. They only pay £230 for a boiler, £4 for a COD, £8 for pumps. Swings, swings and more swings ;)

BG have serious buying power but i doubt they get £400 H/E's for 60 quid.

examples please or its crap.

Sponsored Links
ah, i totally misunderstood what you meant.

my last job today was a 89 yr old lass who lives on her own with a water leak. get there to find its a magnaclean (not fitted by us) leaking from the lid. cust had already had a plumber out because she assumed it wouldn't be on the heating side. plumber told her where the leak was, refused to repair as it "may affect her cover with bg" and charged her a 100 quid!
that is ripping someone off, refusing a repair and not charging isn't

Whats that got to do with your SM getting you to deceive people in order to make his figures look good?

You have already admitted that you don't do it "any more."

I'll ask again...Whats changed?

you wrote

i do whatever is implemented at the time on our patch. at that time we wouldn't carry out the repair

Why was that?

you wrote
now we do!!!

Why is that?

It is an example of a rip off. thought ya wa struggling with the term, as in my eyes refusing a repair is not ;)

wen have i said i don't do it "any more" in relation to changing heat exchangers on a oca? have another read!

this is the first time you have asked me whats changed :confused:
my manager has changed 3times (approx) since i posted that, also the conditions of a oca was clarified so we now know what is and isn't covered.
iam hoping they will do it again soon with all the other daft contracts they have!

anything else buddy :LOL:

The entire tread was funny but this tops it all, are you BG's accountant? or were all these all a guess?
That hex might be £400 retail but BG probably pay about £60
that was a guess admittedley, but i've seen figures that are not far off the mark
They only pay £230 for a boiler
fact BG 330+
£4 for a COD, £8 for pumps.

was £3 and £7 respectively about 3 yrs ago so I added some inflation. :D

Mickey
i know they dont pay £8 for pumps .. 9 years ago they paid 18/19 quid for grundfoss 2 quid cheaper for just the head . myson where 16.50 and wilo where 15 .

So no way they are paying 8 now.

no i do not think thread is going anywhere but might turn off member public to their fix price repairs

so it might be good for me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back