Vaccine approved

Sponsored Links
benny, you have nothing constructive or helpful to say.

that doesn’t make you clever.

Do the Anti maskers ever look at what Doctors/Nurses wear when dealing with Covid 19 patients.

images

vs

mask-shop-GettyImages-ArtMarie.jpg

Your point being?

Sponsored Links
Define "anti masker", John.

I wear a face covering "for the quiet life", but am under no illusions that, in most cases, they are about about much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Disposable single-use crap that is clearly more knackered than some of my socks, incorrectly-worn, continually fiddled with (because it won't stay in place), fished from a potentially virus-laden pocket by the same hands that are all over the shop doors, fittings, trolleys and baskets, and produce inside....................

IMHO, more a political sop than an effective control measure.
My definition I guess Brig, is those people who knowingly ignore the rules and recommendations about coverings and distancing, thinking that their 'rights' are more important than the consequences of contracting Covid....perhaps if they knew someone who had died from it they may like to reconsider.
I have no idea of how effective face masks are, or indeed the 'virus killing' sprays that we use but for sure, I'm keeping my distance from anyone as much as possible.
John :)

The ones we wear don't offer much in the line of prevention in terms of not catching it but better than nothing and handling them in that sense can cause people to catch it.

I'm afraid I see people who don't realise that they do limit aerosols from infected people as being a bit dim. The gain is not infecting touch points so often and also reducing the need for 2m distancing when that isn't possible and helping in confined spaces where the virus can hang around in the air for some time so the best option is to keep it out of it.

Face shields are sometimes worn in hospitals as well as masks for the simple reason another route to the throat is the eyes. Some people think they are ok in shops too but it's not as simple as that. Some very young kids were encouraged to wear them in child care settings during lock down so they probably help too but not as much as a mask. Young kids would take to them and also accept others wearing them but this is in a setting were all were doing their best not to catch it in the first place.

Last edited:
No alternative proposal from @ellal

So his chosen option is to continue to allow the disease to spread through the community.
But you still won't say if you'll have the jab...

Yes or no!

I heard the Scottish health minister say that everybody has the required equipment to protect themselves against the virus. He said it’s called your front door. (y)

@trazor ,

you're getting mixed up.

We are to wear face coverings to protect others.
"Doctors/nurses" (your quote) wear them to protect themselves.
Two entirely differing purposes.

Nothing to stop you wearing a shield as well as a mask.

Nor gloves. Or coveralls and overboots.
Don't forget to go out in sacrificial undergarments too, and have them disposed of in a bio-secure manner.

Plus, if face coverings are effective, why would you want to (wear a face shield)?

The ones we wear don't offer much in the line of prevention in terms of not catching it but better than nothing and handling them in that sense can cause people to catch it.

I'm afraid I see people who don't realise that they do limit aerosols from infected people as being a bit dim. The gain is not infecting touch points so often and also reducing the need for 2m distancing when that isn't possible and helping in confined spaces where the virus can hang around in the air for some time so the best option is to keep it out of the it.

Face shields are sometimes worn in hospitals as well as masks for the simple reason another route to the throat is the eyes. Some people think they are ok in shops too but it's not as simple as that. Some very young kids were encouraged to wear them in child care settings during lock down so they probably help too but not as much as a mask. Young kids would take to them and also accept others wearing them but this is in a setting were all were doing their best not to catch it in the first place.

The evidence you told me about, have you forgotten about it?

Sponsored Links
Back