Vaillant Ecotec 831 Diverter valve 0020132682

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My diverter valve is leaking and needs to be changed out. I notice that are two versions of the diverter available.

Is the updated version anymore reliable than orginal which apprears to fail quite regularly and is a known hassle with this boiler?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've just had my third failure of the diverter valve, last replaced 10 months ago using the original part 178978.

Having started reading up again I have the same question as the op above, is the new part 0020132682 any more reliable, and does anyone know what's been changed?

Thanks

I don't think the old part is widely available any more, any that you find on the Internet are probably old stock. The new one has a new motor but is obviously too new at this stage to be able to comment on long-term reliability. I'd go for the new one and hope though

If you've had three fail, what kind of failures were they? Did they leak, or were they sticking? If they were sticking, it might indicate that your system isn't very clean

As above they never fail really just leak, an if u had more than one leak u got a crappy system mate no doubt

Sponsored Links
yeah there was crap in my system probably making the diverter leak, there was like this black crud in the holes of the heat exchanger and in the diverter valve. Finally got it cleaned with x800 and a magnetic trap. Reckon the original fitter never power flushed properly or dose the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back