VE Day 75 years later: The real story of how Britain won WW2

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It was. But why did Hitler put so much effort into an invasion across the channel then give up on the idea.???
Much effort was put into both Barbarossa and Sea Lion. War is wasteful. One of WWII mysteries and Adolph's fondness of the UK. Having the English Chanel was pretty useful too. There was much relief when the Gerries turned right.

Maybe our resistance and he thought we were stronger than we really were...
Our bluff played its part, brilliantly. As did our cunning.

Do you think The Russians beat the Germans from the east without our help?
The Russians sacrificed millions and also decimated the Gerries killing millions of their soldiers. The fact that the Gerries were fighting a war on two/three fronts played a massive part in their downfall. The UK has a huge role to play yes, but nothing like sacrifice and the immense effort the Ruskies threw at them. The Eastern front dwarfed all the other efforts.

They certainly did a good job of pushing them all the way back and the Allies mopped up well.

On the outskirts of Moscow there is a monument in the form of tank traps to show how close the Germans came, frightening

I never disagreed, you never mentioned the MN in your post so I thought I would bring it up

Sponsored Links
Back