Veritas 8 Alarm Panel Cover Removal - Help Pleasey

Battery circuit has gone......you should be getting 12.5v upwards on the leads.
Just double check the battery fuse again and if ok then you require a new panel.

Sponsored Links
Battery circuit has gone......you should be getting 12.5v upwards on the leads.
Just double check the battery fuse again and if ok then you require a new panel.

Thanks 'The Pars' fuse is ok... Could it be the transformer unit? or defo the panel? I see the transformer units are available and look an easy replacement.

The transformer powers up the panel itself.
Unfortunately due to having the 16 year old battery in for so long it’s damaged the board.
If you like Texe equipment you could upgrade to a Premier which has more features.

The transformer powers up the panel itself.
Unfortunately due to having the 16 year old battery in for so long it’s damaged the board.
If you like Texe equipment you could upgrade to a Premier which has more features.

Thanks for the info... wonder if I can get another model that uses a similar PCB... The EXCEL looks like it might be similar and would give me an LCD on the small panel. That way I could almost refit the wiring like for like if the board is similar. Any suggests on this?

Sponsored Links
OK Thanks for all the help folks... You've been amazingly helpful (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I've learnt such a great deal. Am gonna take another look at the panel tomorrow just to make sure there are only four zones wired and if so I might well look at getting a panel upgrade (Excel) as all the infrastructure is there and they're still cheap enough to make it a worth while effort..

Just a shame the new battery I bought does not seem to fit the Excel..:rolleyes:

As Sparky says the battery will fit as it’s the same case.
Another point when you down power the system the external bell should sound?
If not then I would advise a replacement.

lol....:LOL: the battery that's shown to fit the Excel (on the website I looked at) shows a different battery type with a different amp rating so I figured that the electric specs might have been different for the Excel despite the casing being the same...

Will check out the bell box too then... (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back