Vote UKIP

I’m surprised no-one has said it yet but what happened to ‘When in Rome do as Romans do’?

This is pretty much where my thoughts on the matter lie. I've only visited London once in my relatively short life, but when I did I have to say that the vast majoirty of people I encountered, either couldn't speak English at all or spoke it very poorly. I bought a few souvenirs from a small shop and it took over 5mins to pay as the German working the till could neither understand what I was asking, nor properly convey his response to me - in the end someone else came and took over from him. And we didn't find a single member of staff in the hotel we stayed at that wasn't French with a only a basic grasp of English. I think people should be required to have a basic grasp of speaking, reading and writing English before they're allowed to stay here - its just common sense, surely?

And also, when traditional (not sure that's the right word to use?) British customs and beliefs start to be restricted that's surely got to be cause for concern? We hear stories of people being told they cannot wear jewellery with Christian symobls on them as it could offend non-christians, the St George flag being banned for fear of offended non-English people - although i'm not sure if this is caused by people who actually ARE offended, or officals who take these things too far?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andrew.

I think it is absolutely absurd and naive, in extremis, to believe there isn’t even the slightest bit of yard-taking from our offer of an inch.

As a middle aged, single, white, British, heterosexual atheist man, I have become amongst the most discriminated against in my own country...

Too old to easily find employment.
Too British to access the positive discrimination quota.
Not swarthy or gay enough to make people think twice about unfair dismissal.
Not female enough to file for sex discrimination.
Not religious enough to speak MY mind in MY country and get away with it.
And finally, if some get their way, too single to get a tax break.

A.S. agree with that, generally. i'm not sure if it really matters that general staff in hotels can't speak English, but you would expect that front line staff could. however, some hotels may be catering for mainly foreign trade, or for specific nationalities.
as for eroding our own cultural identity, that's where we become stupid. when we have to start re-writing traditional children's books and including new 'cultural figures' into them we have lost the plot. then to see that other cultures settling here retain, promote and encourage their own traditions, whilst we simultaneously modify and lose ours, in case we offend them, is galling.
when i am in (rural) France, the locals expect you to fit in with them, and help as much as they can to enable you to fit in with them, and to enjoy their language and traditions and way of life. worlds apart from what is happening here

I remember a time when I was proud to be English but nothing could be further from the truth now. We've just become the cesspool of the world and everyone is laughing at us for it :evil:

Sponsored Links
I remember a time when I was proud to be English but nothing could be further from the truth now. We've just become the cesspool of the world and everyone is laughing at us for it :evil:

Our own teens are the yobs of Europe. I never see their likes in other lands when I travel.

Our own teens are the yobs of Europe. I never see their likes in other lands when I travel.
If you think that English/British yobs are alone in their bad behaviour at home or abroad, you are sadly mistaken, most countries have their own breed of tw*ts

Maybe so but not in the numbers we've got them.

correct, and youth crime is increasing related to binge drinking. another of our famous exports.

I can see the strengths and benefits to having a United States of Europe and think it has the potential to be the best thing for everyone. But it’s like we are paying for a dog and have been barking ever since. (Both literally and in the mad sense).

The reason I think being in Europe would work well is because it works well in the United States of America, so we probably need to look at how that system functions and adopt one more akin to theirs. I don’t think being in Europe is bad in principle; they just haven’t got it right yet, and we know all big businesses have growing pains.

So to get back to what the OP said…

“…the EU: a waste of money!!”

I agree; but I don’t see why it should cost so much. In fact it’s the most expensive club on Earth!

“Vote UKIP, let's have control of our country again"

Again I agree, but at the same time we don’t need to severe the umbilical cord with Europe.

We know more intimately what works or doesn’t work for us. As a small example of what I have seen in my lifetime here… This country is small and was built around the horse and cart yet we get HGVs with about 40 wheels thundering down narrow roads causing danger, congestion and add to the break-up of our roads. We didn’t come up with that idea; it was foisted upon us. Did you know you can land a passenger airline on an Autobahn; they’re built that strong. Our roads can hardly cope with a skateboard.

This country is overcrowded! As I have said before elsewhere, if you scatter seed you are going to attract birds and this is exactly what this country has been doing for years. They don’t stop at Italy or Germany or France and you have to ask yourself why! I have seen such huge changes in this country I hardly feel it is my motherland any more.

Sorry, it was more of a rant than anything but maybe some of it made sense.

10 years or so down the line millions of people will be wishing "if only I had voted ULIP back when I had a chance!!!!"

sadly although i think they are saying the right things i doubt they can win

so i won't be wasting my vote on them as I want to see the dickbrain Brown ousted.

How many millions of voters are all thinking the same as you, i.e. I would vote for UKIP but they won't win.
Vote for who you want to see in there If we all do this, then who knows?
I will certainly be voting UKIP, wasted vote or not.

They're a one trick Pony. That's not government.

They're a one trick Pony. That's not government.

Talking of TRICKS.
What about the trick that Labour pulled.

YOU WILL HAVE A REFERENDUM ON THE EURO IF YOU VOTE LABOUR IN.

So I voted Labour. NEVER AGAIN.

UKIP OR NOTHING.

Sponsored Links
Back