VW Golf drivers

hermes said:
crafty1289 said:
Its almost like "I own a VW, you dont, i'm better than you"

Get over yourselves.

:cool:

:oops: Thanks very much, I was going to order a vw next week, what else would you suggest?
by all means get a VW, just dont drive it in a way that suggests

crafty1289 said:
"I own a VW, you dont, i'm better than you"
;)

Sponsored Links
Went to Hull tonight to pick up a flat-packed Guinea Pig hutch, and so couldn't see out of my rear-view mirror on the way back. Was overtaking another car on the dual-carriageway, doing about 80, when suddenly what do I see in my wing mirror, on my back right corner, trying inexplicably to get past where no extra lane exists..?

Yep. Silver Golf. Spooky.

Whilst we're on things to look for, look at any Rover 620 - I guarantee it will have at least one of the following - Missing front air scoop, Electric Aerial stuck 2" out of car, killer rust spot on rear passenger wheel arch. Bet ya' !

skybluescooby said:
Having spent the last 5 years travelling around the North of England in my job i have noticed that should any car suddenly rush up from behind and tailgate you, or overtake you at speed, or pull out in front of you, or try to burn you up at the lights, or make a mental manouvere in front of you, or overtake you on a single carriageway it's usually a Silver VW Golf....
It has become such an issue that whenever i see one in the rear view i take a guess as to what manouvere it will do. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1. Maybe its the same guy - he has some important message to deliver you, and every time he gets close to you, you burn him off :LOL:

2. If you have a tow-bar, check that someone hasn 't hooked the poor b*gger up to your motor :LOL:

Well...................... 15 minutes into my journey north this morning i had to move out of the fast lane (doing 70ish) in oreder to allow a silver vw golf to hurtle past..
5 miles up the road and i noticed a Blue VW Golf come flying off the slip road careering over two lanes into the fast lane and tailgate a BM.....
What is it with these drivers, do they think they are impregnable or what ???

Sponsored Links
skybluescooby said:
do they think they are impregnable or what ???

In that case, if I buy Mrs Secure a Golf, does that mean I can throw away the condoms, and abadon plans for the snip??

skybluescooby said:
What is it with these drivers, do they think they are impregnable or what ???
Interesting comment. These drivers will probably never have an accident and learn their lesson. This is the great tragedy here. Whereas careful drivers like me get cars written off by others and come out worse. :evil:

johnny_t said:
Went to Hull tonight to pick up a flat-packed Guinea Pig hutch, and so couldn't see out of my rear-view mirror on the way back. Was overtaking another car on the dual-carriageway, doing about 80, when suddenly what do I see in my wing mirror, on my back right corner, trying inexplicably to get past where no extra lane exists..?

A hungry Peruvian?

crafty1289 said:
Whereas careful drivers like me get cars written off by others and come out worse. :evil:

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not suggesting you can always avoid an RTA, but there are many changes you can make to your driving style to be more defensive, and "see" other's actions before they are taken.

By "you" I don't mean you specifically, Crafty, I mean anyone.

securespark said:
crafty1289 said:
Whereas careful drivers like me get cars written off by others and come out worse. :evil:

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not suggesting you can always avoid an RTA, but there are many changes you can make to your driving style to be more defensive, and "see" other's actions before they are taken.

By "you" I don't mean you specifically, Crafty, I mean anyone.

Better still don't drive, :LOL:

get a skoda fabia.... same performance... without the stigma!!!

toffee said:
get a skoda fabia.... same performance... without the stigma!!!
Are they what are becoming increasingly popular amongst taxi drivers? If so, stay away. Taxi drivers are some of the most dangerous out there, yet, again, never seem to have accidents :evil:

securespark said:
crafty1289 said:

Very true indeed, i put myself through a three hour defensive driving test last year.
1st hour the instructor observed my driving technoque and stressed that i drive to my usual standard and not to change anything as it will defeat the object of the test.
2nd hour was in a cafe, coffee on the instructor, who told me what i was doing wrong and showed me techniques to improve my driving.
3rd hour was to drive back the way we came implementing the new techniques.

Only two issues were raised.
1- I failed to look left when pulling onto a roundabout (he said as i pull off a bike could have pulled alongside me )
2- Over use of gears when changing down (should have listened to him in hour 1 as im not a heavy gear user, it was when he said he was ex traffic police i realised banging it out of gear and coasting to a junction would score me badly.

Other than that the course was superb with some good advice on "how to" and "why" in relation to some Traffic cop driving skills.
So when i see these VW golf drivers i just sit and wonder.........

many years ago on a G Plate ...
I had a VW Golf GTI .....wonderful flying machine...
loved racing over the moors on a sunday dodging picnic an ramblers
it was polar white...

Moz said:
many years ago on a G Plate ...
I had a VW Golf GTI .....wonderful flying machine...
loved racing over the moors on a sunday dodging picnic an ramblers
I can believe it, moz . . . . can picture it now. You as a boy racer. Yep.

Sponsored Links
Back