weird

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a bosch drill driver 10.8v second hand and have just realised there is no electric brake?

I thought they all had an electric brake, especially if they are screwdrivers. Did some of the earlier ones not have a brake or have I been sold a faulty driver?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean clutch? adjustable torque effort.

There must be a on /off trigger, can you not judge when the screw is fully home?

Wotan

I think my original bosch 10.8 screwdriver which just had a magnetic hex chuck did not have a brake on it.

Wotan, the motor brake mate, when you take your finger off the trigger, it reverses the polarity for a fraction of a second to stop the motor dead and take away any 'run on'.

RF, I think I've bought that model then. Was about to open it to check the components in the trigger but I might just resell it and buy a new one. Can't really overstate how important a motor brake is on an electric screwdriver. Biggest issue is the screwdriver is still turning when I'm waiting to put it onto the next screw.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back