what’s next then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 292770
  • Start date
One of the next things up here is going to be increased discussion around a possible 2023 independence referendum.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Did we not already have one of them?
I suppose it depends what side of the fence you view it from (in terms of election results, % of the vote etc) however as many political parties do when they want to drive something home, the SNP's mantra is 'the Scottish people have given us a mandate ...'

WRONG! The Scottish people who voted SNP and believe a second referendum should be held have given you a mandate. That doesn't equate to 'the Scottish people' collectively.

Unsurprisingly they'll be like the proverbial dog with a bone on this. Part of me hopes a second referendum is granted, and then lost, as that'll hopefully shut pro independence people up for a more reasonable length of time. Of course be careful what you wish for as they could win. The thing is, because they also trot out the line 'there's been a material change ...' they can pull that one out the bag whenever they like. So in theory, if they lost a second referendum in 2023 or whenever it's held, a few years later they could be calling for yet another if something sizeable happens in UK politics, which let's face it is possible.

I'm very proud to be Scottish, however I am also proud to be British and see no real value in us 'breaking away.'

Your MP is a good start.

You've seen several public outcries over the last few years, where a decision is made and the general population disagree vehemently so a U turn is executed.

Like that!
lol.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'd rather Thatcher were PM instead of Joris.
Thatcher had a vision, she had policies and she was a respected leader with honour - many people who hated her policies, agree.

Thatcher was respected by world leaders.

Boris stands for nothing and is devoid of honour or integrity

Sponsored Links
Back