What a man!

This whole "I'm right, you're wrong" and everyone going round in circles like 1 legged ducks, pretty much sums up religion in a nutshell.

My opinion is that you can't have a sensible debate between different religions because people who have a certain faith, just KNOW that they are right and everyone else is talking horlicks. And that goes for athiests too. Can we just get this locked now to save time?

Sponsored Links
It's a funny ol' world - I can't find anything wrong with anything joe-90 has written on this topic.

And believe me, I've tried.

Megawatt wrote

The simple fact is that

The simple fact is that you have NO tangible evidence to back up your earlier claim. :rolleyes:

Morals, beliefs and values have nothing whatsoever to do with religious beliefs or faith

Strongly disagree. Some of the finest people that I know have values bestowed upon them solely because of their faith.

This guy in particular has my utmost respect......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Wilson_(peace_campaigner)
Sadly I didn't know him though I live quite local to his home.

How many people can offer the hand of forgiveness to the people that just murdered their beautiful daughter ?.
This is what true faith is about and what the world is so desperatley in need off IMHO.

Cant be arsed to get drawn in with the debate ( not on a forum anyway - face to face is better ), but I just want to throw in a bit of support to Megawatt.

Quicky for Joe 90 out of curiousty though. You equate the universe's energy as a God. Would you say this is the same type of God that say, Muslims and Christians follow, one that 'speaks' to them? Or in the sense that the energy is God-like ? If you get my drift.

Sponsored Links
Cant be a***d to get drawn in with the debate ( not on a forum anyway - face to face is better ), but I just want to throw in a bit of support to Megawatt.

Quicky for Joe 90 out of curiousty though. You equate the universe's energy as a God. Would you say this is the same type of God that say, Muslims and Christians follow, one that 'speaks' to them? Or in the sense that the energy is God-like ? If you get my drift.

No, An Einsteinian God. A repository of all energy. A God doesn't have to be personal. Just that it is the only source of everything and that it was never created nor can be destroyed - just always there. Just one. No beginning, no end, nothing outside of it. Just a 'oneness'.

Cant be a***d to get drawn in with the debate ( not on a forum anyway - face to face is better ), but I just want to throw in a bit of support to Megawatt.
I don't know what Megawatt has written, but it's bound to be ludicrous. However, joe-90 has made his point with utter clarity, so it's beyond me how you can pose the following question:

You equate the universe's energy as a God. Would you say this is the same type of God that say, Muslims and Christians follow, one that 'speaks' to them? Or in the sense that the energy is God-like ? If you get my drift.
joe-90 has simply pointed out that there is a force (or are forces) that defy the analysis of contemporary science. He chooses to attribute the term 'God' to the lack of explanation.

Other people have their own thoughts, ideas and observations that defy their own ability to analyse. They use the term 'God' for those.

so it's beyond me how you can pose the following question:

You mean the question I quite clearly asked Joe ? Butt out.

Joe sorry this turned sour. I genuinely wanted to hear more of what you were saying. Another day perhaps.

You mean the question I quite clearly asked Joe ? Butt out.
You're going to have butt out yourself, because you posed the question after I'd declared unity of thought with what joe-90 had already written.

And don't forget that joe-90 is just one of my alter egoes.

Not quite sure why moderator 7 chose to delete my previous post as it most certainly was no more offensive than many of the other posts with conflicting arguments on this topic ... Perhaps you would like to comment?

I will re-iterate ...

Balenza Wrote:
Strongly disagree. Some of the finest people that I know have values bestowed upon them solely because of their faith.

And I responded
All of the finest people that I know have values bestowed upon them solely because of a good upbringing and parent role models ... Nothing to do with faith.

And in response to Softus's
I don't know what Megawatt has written, but it's bound to be ludicrous
I would say that this is extremely hypocritical from a man who stopped reading my posts (supposedly) because I made personal comments about him. Whereas the fact was that I trounced him on a number of big issues and he never got over it.

If you believe in God (of whatever persuasion) then fine but respect the beliefs of those of us who have made informed decisions not to.

MW

If you believe in God (of whatever persuasion) then fine but respect the beliefs of those of us who have made informed decisions not to.

MW

aaaahhhh. this statement works both ways MW.

re-read your own posts and see who is the one lacking respect my myopic little learner. ;)

megawatt wrote

who have made informed decisions not to.

What you were informed off ?.

This.............

99% of the conflict in the World today has its roots in religion of one faith or another so please don't try and tell me we are better off for it.

LMAO. :LOL: :LOL:

Some tangible please and stop making a fool of yourself. :rolleyes:

unless you have forgotten, i contributed to this thread, once short sighted, bigoted and brainless individuals started spouting incoherent and unfounded nonsense about the worlds current wars, all being fought in the name of, or having roots in, religion.

short memory as well as short sight eh?

Balenza wrote (almost legibly):
What you were informed off? ... Some tangible please and stop making a fool of yourself

And also:
Its certainly true that a lot of conflict has its roots in religion but most conflicts and wars are a result of greed for resourses.

Kettle, pot and errrrmmmm ... Oh yes Black :!:

And you think I won't be taken seriously ... You obviously dropped out of Sunday school ... Oh dear. :rolleyes:

MW

Sponsored Links
Back