What are you having for breakfast?

I fell asleep too early in bed, then woke at 3am with little chance of getting back to sleep, so I asked the dog 'shall we get up and make a breakfast?'. She nodded and obviously thought it was a great idea, because she became quite exited. So, up we got.

There was half a tin of beans left over in the fridge, some of that very finely cut back bacon from Lidl in the freezer, that I like - and so bacon, egg, beans, duck fat roasted potatoes [1], coffee with a slice of toast and Stute thin cut orange marmalade, that we both love. Wish I could remember where I'd bought the marmalade, it's the best I've ever tasted.

I couldn't eat all of it, and it was the dog's idea, so she got the leftovers, including a bit of toast.

[1] Lidl - I've tried roasting them, deep-frying them, and now shallow frying them - which ever way, not very nice, so I shall not buy them again.

Sponsored Links
Sod the diet, I’ll start it in the new year.
Had some greens and spuds left over from last night so I bubbled them with mushrooms, tomatoes and an egg. Only one slight mishap - I took my eye off the ball when frying the egg and burnt the toast. Last two thick white slices too so I had to give them a scrape. Other than that, not a bad brekkie.

445E5C13-24AA-4045-81E9-362D57EF0195.jpeg

Traditional Christmas morning breakfast in the Mottie household. Fresh orange juice, Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels with freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon, followed by a warm croissant and a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

3EE9B784-B1A8-48EA-925E-FA6F2C31DC6B.jpeg

I'm just having mince pies this year. M&S standard version, which every year end up being my favourite.

1671967350687.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Boxing Day is the only day of the year that Mrs Mottie will let me cook her a half English. Even then, she just picks at it and pushes it around the plate before declaring "I'm full". :rolleyes: I usually finish it off for her. Be rude not to.;)

9499917C-92CD-429C-90AA-7F807166E73C.jpeg

That looks anaemic!

Chipolatas, not proper mystery tubes.
No beans.
And those felt pads that protect the floor from furniture legs, rather than black pudding.

As they say on BGT, "It's a "No" from me"!

That looks anaemic! And those felt pads that protect the floor from furniture legs, rather than black pudding.
Picture doesn’t do it justice. The black pudding does look a bit grey in the picture but I can assure you they were as black as Newgates knocker!
And that scrambled egg would be right at home in a Travelodge.
I have my scrambled eggs just past the liquid stage - Mrs Mottie likes hers overly well done. :sick:

Anyway, this morning, egg, bacon and sausage sammich followed by some Christmas pud and cream. And yes, the chipolatas were cooked through!

40A45EAA-AE28-4371-807E-072E5D9F07F7.jpeg

11F177CD-004C-4057-801B-BEB7D3FE6ED6.jpeg

Picture doesn’t do it justice. The black pudding does look a bit grey in the picture but I can assure you they were as black as Newgates knocker!

I have my scrambled eggs just past the liquid stage - Mrs Mottie likes hers overly well done. :sick:

Anyway, this morning, egg, bacon and sausage sammich followed by some Christmas pud and cream. And yes, the chipolatas were cooked through!

View attachment 290249

View attachment 290248
Get some decent sausages, for crying out loud!

Get some decent sausages, for crying out loud!
Mrs Mottie is basically against anything fried. Clueless. I always buy proper sausages and I get ones that are nice and fat with at least 95% pork content. I’ve never bought a chipolata in my life. She thought she'd treat me and get chipolatas as "they cook quicker". :rolleyes: I won’t be seeing another one until next Christmas thank ****!

Mrs Mottie is basically against anything fried. Clueless. I always buy proper sausages and I get ones that are nice and fat with at least 95% pork content. I’ve never bought a chipolata in my life. She thought she'd treat me and get chipolatas as "they cook quicker". :rolleyes: I won’t be seeing another one until next Christmas thank ****!
Just bang them in the oven, they cook much better then under the grill, and definitely better than frying.

View attachment 290249

View attachment 290248
Brown sauce, yeuch, but thanks for the reminder- my dogs been up all night with the squits and I've got to go and clean up the garden.

Sponsored Links
Back