What are you having for lunch?

Sponsored Links
Good shout.

Not today, because I had a late breakfast, but yesterday's lunch was a piece of my homemade cheese, onion and potato pie.

I got the recipe off tinterwebby, repeated here from memory.

Make some shortcrust pastry with 250g plain flour (with 30g of finely grated hard cheese mixed in) and 250g butter with a smidge of salt and milk to bind. Stick it in the fridge to cool down.
Chop a small onion and sweat over a low heat.
Chop up 500g spuds quite small and parboil in well salted water in an oversize pan. After 10 mins, drain and cover.
Meanwhile, make a roux with 50g of butter and 50 of plain flour. Mix in 200g of milk little by little to make a smooth roux. Add 100g of a robust cheese, grated or crumbled, and whisk until incorporated.

Line a quiche style tin with half the pastry. Gently mix the sauce and the onions into the potato and tip into the pastry case.

Top with grated cheese, then the remaining rolled out pastry, crimp well and bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes.

It was good, but was the first time I made it. Next time I'll use less spud and make more sauce.

Sponsored Links
Good shout.

Not today, because I had a late breakfast, but yesterday's lunch was a piece of my homemade cheese, onion and potato pie.

I got the recipe off tinterwebby, repeated here from memory.

Make some shortcrust pastry with 250g plain flour (with 30g of finely grated hard cheese mixed in) and 250g butter with a smidge of salt and milk to bind. Stick it in the fridge to cool down.
Chop a small onion and sweat over a low heat.
Chop up 500g spuds quite small and parboil in well salted water in an oversize pan. After 10 mins, drain and cover.
Meanwhile, make a roux with 50g of butter and 50 of plain flour. Mix in 200g of milk little by little to make a smooth roux. Add 100g of a robust cheese, grated or crumbled, and whisk until incorporated.

Line a quiche style tin with half the pastry. Gently mix the sauce and the onions into the potato and tip into the pastry case.

Top with grated cheese, then the remaining rolled out pastry, crimp well and bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes.

It was good, but was the first time I made it. Next time I'll use less spud and make more sauce.

Breakfast?

That'll be a cup of tea.

X amounts of lager after work- go home- get "that" look and then eat about 14 hours after first waking up.

Not advisable but (kinda) works for me.

Thought I'd jump on the nosey parker bandwagon. I've just had some cheese and onion sandwiches , delicious.

Twice last week I had cheese and onion sandwiches (with lot of salt and pepper as my (only ((evening)) meal). On Tuesday, I had poppadums with homemade onion salad.

You wished you had thought of this thread.

It looks like a winner to me
I've got enough in my plate keeping your Private number plate thread going. :unsure: Anyway, how would you know what a winning thread looks like?:ROFLMAO:

I've got enough in my plate keeping your Private number plate thread going. :unsure: Anyway, how would you know what a winning thread looks like?:ROFLMAO:

Yes your a danger to other road users.

I bet you park on yellow lines.

That’s not lunch, that’s dinner. Go on, start a dinner thread before Bod claims it. ;)

Interesting, lunch / dinner.

Oop north quite a lot of us call what we eat at midday "dinner" as opposed to lunch, although many do say lunch also. I've been "corrected" occasionally about this, and told, oh no, dinner is an evening meal.

Well not necessarily! Don't try to obliterate our traditions university people! We've said dinner since time began. At school we had dinner ladies.

By the same token, the meal you have at 5 or 6, after work, is tea. I've been corrected about this too, by those much younger than me. "How frightfully common. Tea is a drink" they say.

"Get stuffed" I say.

Sponsored Links
Back