What day is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That’s a question I find myself asking myself or Mrs Mottie more and more these days. Take yesterday. Spaghetti and clams for tea. That’s a Saturday night tea in our house. And tonight, salmon, potatoes, carrots, broccoli and Hollandaise sauce. That’s a Friday night meal! Totally confused. Anyone else on here finding that the days are just running into each other?

Sponsored Links
Saturday is fish and chips, that's the law. Then the clock resets.

We don't have a problem with "What day is it?", more of "WTF, Friday already? "

Sponsored Links
days are just running into each other?
The weekends seem to come round quicker. Just got a new clock
clock.png

That’s a question I find myself asking myself or Mrs Mottie more and more these days. Take yesterday. Spaghetti and clams for tea. That’s a Saturday night tea in our house. And tonight, salmon, potatoes, carrots, broccoli and Hollandaise sauce. That’s a Friday night meal! Totally confused. Anyone else on here finding that the days are just running into each other?

"What's a weekend" people :mrgreen:

For the last umpteen years, I've kept up with what day it was because the boulangerie is closed on Wednesdays and having music and other appointments during the week meant keeping a kind of diary. Since the pandemic, the music ensemble has come to a stop, and recently we've switched our bread buying to a nearby supermarket's in-store bakery, (they have corn bread, fruit bread, nut bread, and they're pain aux graines is nicer) and it freezes well. Plus their escargot raisin (Chelsea buns to you) is superbe.
So we've changed to a weekly trip for bread rather than a three times a week. And I'm frequently losing track of what day it is.

Fish is Friday. :cool:

Friday became a habit, then her work hours meant by the time she got home, there were long queues at the chippy, so the last couple of weeks we have made it Saturday - except the last two F&C meals I collected, were rather deficient in the fish size department. Yesterday, we decided not to bother, whilst we decide on an alternative chippy. There are just three within eight miles.

We/she doesn't have a set menu for each day, we don't even limit a Sunday roast to a Sunday. The F&C's were one of the few 'which day is it today' reference points.

No; work tends to give you an indication of what day it is.(y)
That’s my problem. I’ve not worked since March last year! Because my work involves close contact with wayward teenagers, I’m not going back until I’m jabbed twice so by the time I’m vaccinated and the schools have had the summer break, I’m probably looking at September if there’s still any need for my services. Furlough and a war chest will see me through till then.

Last edited:
That’s my problem. I’ve not worked since March last year! Because my work involves close contact with wayward teenagers, I’m not going back until I’m jabbed twice so by the time I’m vaccinated and the schools have had the summer break, I’m probably looking at September if there’s still any need for my services. Furlough and a war chest will see me through till then.
Do they really need you then? It seems like you may have redundancy or retirement looming & retirement definitely makes the days fly by & which day it is harder to remember. :(

Do they really need you then? It seems like you may have redundancy or retirement looming & retirement definitely makes the days fly by & which day it is harder to remember. :(
TBH I'm at the stage where if it happens, it happens and I won’t be too bothered either way. Once I know for sure that I definitely won’t be doing it anymore, I can make plans to wind the company up and either let the premises out or sell up for development and retire.

Sponsored Links
Back