What do you think of this wire ?

Sponsored Links
This is in the leatest NICEIC mag - Is that where you saw it? It looked like just an add, with no endorsment from the NIC.

I guess this is the direction our wiring will eventually go though......

Sponsored Links
Yeah saw it in the mag & on hmm, another forum

Never heard of it before

http://tpwcc.com/flexishield.html said:
Flexishield’s principal benefit is the ability for an electrical circuit to fail safe, operating a 32A Type B circuit breaker, in the event of the cable being penetrated by a nail.

The fault current this cable can carry is not sufficient to operate breakers above 32A or for C or D types. The foil shielding just burns away in the event of a fault.

Interesting. Can you point me to the source of your information?

The reason I asked is the web site states

Flexishield’s principal benefit is the ability for an electrical circuit to fail safe, operating a 32A Type B circuit breaker, in the event of the cable being penetrated by a nail.

I couldn't find where it said

The fault current this cable can carry is not sufficient to operate breakers above 32A or for C or D types. The foil shielding just burns away in the event of a fault.

I know that some of the BS8436 cables don't meet 522-06-06 but which ones?

Edit... Thanks for your edit Rocky, I'll have another look tomorrow

under features
http://tpwcc.com/features.html

Ease and speed of Installation
Up to 40% reduction in installation times can be seen when compared to traditional cabling systems.
Can withstand fault currents of up to 170A
Will operate a 32A Type B MCB and so will fail safe when penetrated by a nail or similar object.
Lightweight, up to 60% less weight

I know that some of the BS8436 cables don't meet 522-06-06 but which ones?
If someone has some handy cable calc s/w which can do this (too late right now for me to be @rsed to fiddle with Excel), they could work it out.

The shield is aluminium, and from 54D the k value is 85.

[code:1]Cable Ali Tape
Size CSA
mm2
1.0 2c 4.6
1.0 3c 5
1.0 4c 6.4
1.5 2c 4.6
1.5 3c 5
1.5 4c 6.4
2.5 2c 5
2.5 3c 6.4
2.5 4c 7
4.0 2c 7
4.0 3c 7.6
4.0 4c 7.6
6.0 2c 6.4
6.0 3c 7.6
6.0 4c 9.6[/code:1]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back