What do you think?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been doing a bit of a rewire last week.

1no. ring final circuit, 5no. heater radials and a freezer supply.

What do you reckon?

IMGP3744.jpg

IMGP3743.jpg

:D

Sponsored Links
Bit OTT for a domestic.... ;)

I think if this is the way that domestic work is directed to avoid the RCD issue (I advise this method often) then this is a really good example.

The MI is easily workable and identifiable, good job.

Quick question, have you used two core and pots with earth tags?

Yep, it's all wired in 2L1.5 MICC. I prefer the pots with earth tails. I just think it's a more reliable connection.

It's not a domestic job by the way :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Rf, you obviously take pride in your work.:cool:

But one thing.
Why use countersunk screws in the box as opposed to roundhead. :confused:

I used round head screws on the p clips. I didn't think it made too much difference inside the adaptable box, but I'll go back and change them if you like :LOL:

I used round head screws on the p clips. I didn't think it made too much difference inside the adaptable box, but I'll go back and change them if you like :LOL:

I was taught that csk screws in a flat backed box can snag the wires when the lid/accessory is pushed back so you must use round heads.. ;)

It's a scouts and guides meeting hall. It's constructed almost exclusively from timber, and has a bit of a rodent problem, which is virtually impossible to prevent.

Remember those 1.5mm² MI cables can run hot when used, for example, as a ring final so be wary of them being clipped to timber.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back